2015 s1000rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too went to a dealer on Saturday. The red will probably look good if you replace the cheap, tacky white panels with aftermarket ones (or repaint them red?). I thought that the MS was ok, but I too favoured the black most.
Sitting on it, I was surprised at how much the riding position has changed and I love the new smaller tank. It felt more like a 600 and that can only be a good thing IMO.
Got myself a test ride booked for the 21st March, when hopefully the weather has improved to test it properly ;) and to see the comparisons to the new rivals.

I think the same that's why getting a black one, don't like the RR on the tank and on the MS it really looks cheap. Don't know why they did not put them all on the fairing like on the black one and why they ask for extra??? for there corp paint job and all the bling from BMW is a rip of like ?320 for a set of levers!! May be its the GSXR boy in me that I have to lose now I have bought into the BMW way of life as one sales gman put. Lets just say I never bought it from them but went to Allan Jefferies who have given me a deal that I like:wink-new:

Dean

I went to the launch event on Saturday and I am sorry to say I am not in love with paint schemes the only one I like is the black one, the new motor sports to me is not worth the extra money unlike the older bike and the red and white just looks odd, the new bike has a lot of fancy additions like the suspension and auto plopper, I got my 2012 out of the garage yesterday and I thought nope not buying the new one any time soon

I've not seen them in the flesh, but have pretty much decided the same. Will think again in 2016...happy to get more miles and mods on the older bike.

Well I've been loving the GSXR for a long time now but want something different to play with. At the weekend my mate took his GSXR 1000k5 for a power commander Dyno run. The owner of the Dyno said he had 3 2015 s1000rr on his Dyno from race teams. Apparently they all made well over 200bhp. One made 210bhp with standard can and cat. Now that will do it for me!

Saw some of the dealer blurb that the customers are not supposed to. Apparently its unofficially 199bhp guaranteed!

Anyone care to explain the tyre randomness? Why are some fitted with Bridgestone and some with Metzeler? You can't specify which either! Test ride booked in March so will order subject to the ride out. Definitely sport. Want to know who decided that the pro upgrade combines fine tuning for track with cruise control!

I have got cruise in the sport pack, has all 3 parts DTC,riders pro & cruise for ?490

Dean

Has anyone heard about the data logging pack? Have just seen on youtube and jurno said it was 100 eur?

Anyone care to explain the tyre randomness? Why are some fitted with Bridgestone and some with Metzeler? You can't specify which either! Test ride booked in March so will order subject to the ride out. Definitely sport. Want to know who decided that the pro upgrade combines fine tuning for track with cruise control!

No idea why there are 3 options for tyres. Fortunately the bike that I bought has the forged wheels with super corsas. Total fluke as I didn't spec the bike, the dealer bought it for stock.

B21C9793-4BFA-4080-B3AF-A9C15A48F457_zpsljhj67ls.jpg

No idea why there are 3 options for tyres. Fortunately the bike that I bought has the forged wheels with super corsas. Total fluke as I didn't spec the bike, the dealer bought it for stock.

Forged wheels always come with the SCs.

The other types will be what they happen to have available in the factory when shipping the completed bikes. Why 2 brands I don't know, probably political, and it probably forms part of a bigger picture across all the models to do with tyre manufacturers and BMW. Other bikes in the range come with the same 2 random choices.

I've not seen them in the flesh, but have pretty much decided the same. Will think again in 2016...happy to get more miles and mods on the older bike.

Yes just ordered myself a carbon belly pan powerbronze are doing them for ?250 I rearly wanted a full length one but only Ilmberger do one that covers the CAT but I can't warrent ?500 and that the cheapest I could find it. So I just continue to use my Tec bike extention might look at getting it carbon dipped but I don't know what the heat would do to the finish

Forged wheels always come with the SCs.

The other types will be what they happen to have available in the factory when shipping the completed bikes. Why 2 brands I don't know, probably political, and it probably forms part of a bigger picture across all the models to do with tyre manufacturers and BMW. Other bikes in the range come with the same 2 random choices.

Not according to the website. Forged wheels come with either supercorsa or continental.

Latest posts

Back