2015 s1000rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what I had from the local dealer
"The BMW S1000RR is ?13,700 (On-The-Road.)

The BMW S1000RR Sport is ?14,760 (On-The-Road.)

The BMW S1000RR (Bike Only)

The BMW S1000RR Sport comes with;

*Design Wheels (Black with Red Pin Strip.)

*Gear Shift Assist Pro

*Dynamic Damping Control

*Heated Grips

*LED Indicators

*Colour Coded Pillion seat cover.

Options;

*Riding Modes Pro with DTC ?275

*Forged Wheels ?1250

*Cruise Control ?395

*Anti-Theft-Alarm ?210"

I sat on the new RR at the Motorcycle live Show, compared to my 2012 model it was hugely uncomfortable, mainly due to the footpegs being higher I think... I couldn't have one I don't think which made me sad :(

I found it a little cramped as well but you can solve this with a seat mod and rearsets

Last edited:
For some reason, a lot of bikes (various manufacturers) shown at the NEC are on a big stupid paddock stand that not only lift the back up, but don't let the rear shock to work either. Most of us like to sit on the bikes to try/test how they feel ffs!

For some reason, a lot of bikes (various manufacturers) shown at the NEC are on a big stupid paddock stand that not only lift the back up, but don't let the rear shock to work either. Most of us like to sit on the bikes to try/test how they feel ffs!

Too many idiot's and kids using the bike show like a play ground having to sit or touch on every bike there. Want to know what a bike feels like to ride then go a book a test ride at your local dealer.

Want to know what a bike feels like to ride then go a book a test ride at your local dealer.
...that's 257 test rides I need to book then, LOL!

The point being made (and borne out by the earlier comments from StuOnTwo & Chorsley) is that a good percentage of the forum members went to the NEC and, like me, they all went and did exactly the one same thing: they sat on the new 2015 S1K to see how it compared to sitting on theirs. Clearly this is not a definitive test (& I have already registered my road test request), but 1st impressions and all that. Hence, why jack it up and badly distort the riding position and potentially turn people off? Makes no sense to me and something that retailers should remedy IMO - a minority of the stands had them level, etc.

Last edited:
I just rang my dealer to see if they have had the prices for the 2015 accessories yet , the forged wheels ect and they will be releasing the prices next year so that should be next week.

If these prices are right its not as good a deal as the HP4 was / is if you spec it up. ?14,750 for the spot package then add on ?1250 for the wheels taking it to ?16k and you still don't have the full system, better brembo's and the fact its a limited edition bike?? Got rearsets and levers to consider also and then the lashing of carbon if you went HP4C.

Just a quick note- when putting a deposit down a week or so ago, the BMW chappie admitted that the factory alarm isn't a good idea- it's a perfectly good alarm, but not Thatcham approved, so it's unlikely please insurers. I'll be getting them to fit a tracker instead, only a few quid more, and even with the subscription it should be offset by the insurance saving.

Just a quick note- when putting a deposit down a week or so ago, the BMW chappie admitted that the factory alarm isn't a good idea- it's a perfectly good alarm, but not Thatcham approved, so it's unlikely please insurers. I'll be getting them to fit a tracker instead, only a few quid more, and even with the subscription it should be offset by the insurance saving.

And no-one makes a Thatcham approved alarm for the S1000 so a tracker is probably a good idea.

Thats quite right about the alarm but it depends what you want the alarm for. I specified the alarm on my hp4 knowing that it wasn't insurance approved. It was more to do with the fact that nice bikes attract interest when parked up in public places, and the hp4 certainly does that, so a bit of audible security when I'm off getting a coffee is no bad thing imo. The bmw alarm does its job very well, any significant movement of the bike and it's off.

Absolutely- don't get me wrong, as I say it's a perfectly good alarm, just that many buyers go in expecting an insurance discount of some sort, so just a heads-up really.

Unfortunately being in a a quiet cul-de-sac in London on the edge of a council estate, everybody would ignore an alarm on mine anyway, they tend to just turn up in a van and lift bikes in :(

Hi everybody.

My 2011 model is wrapped up for the winter in its blanket and paddock stands though will likely be traded in march / april time for another bike.

If there is an HP4 C second hand floating about, I may go for that if it's a year old with low miles, otherwise I'll go for the 2015 model.

What I'd like to know from anybody who has sat on either of these bikes is the riding position, I've had surgery on my back and noticed a significant difference between the 2011 and 2012 models - the 2012 being far more upright as BMW shortened the bike slightly (although it was easier to tip in to the corners!)

I know the geometry has changed on the 2015 model but can't work out what that means in terms of whether it will mean a more or less upright riding position than the 2012 model....

Any advice appreciated!

I've ordered the blue and white sport with the forged wheels, DTC, Cruise control and the bill is ?16885.

Latest posts

Back