2015 S1000RR Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J5RTO

Reaction score
Morning all,
Can you turn off the Quick shift and the cruise control off totally on the bike? Went out sat for the first time this year and noticed the quick shift didn't work ( had to resort to old school and use the clutch leaver lol). Had the police follow me so tried the cruise control and that didn't work. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Richard.

Morning all,
Can you turn off the Quick shift and the cruise control off totally on the bike? Went out sat for the first time this year and noticed the quick shift didn't work ( had to resort to old school and use the clutch leaver lol). Had the police follow me so tried the cruise control and that didn't work. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Richard.
Changed levers?

The clutch lever has 2 micro switches, one of which will disable cc and qs if its not working

- Alex

Thanks for that Alex, I've recently changed my leavers and noticed those switches and weren't sure if I'd got them right. Had a sneaky feeling they weren't right just needed someone who knew. Cheers.
Richard.

Thanks for that Alex, I've recently changed my leavers and noticed those switches and weren't sure if I'd got them right. Had a sneaky feeling they weren't right just needed someone who knew. Cheers.
Richard.

It can be just lever position if the new one's are adjustable. With the lever set to its maximum span, put your ear near it and pull it. You should hear two distinct clicks.
If you don't the lever is not installed correctly.
If you do - try it on span setting you prefer and see if it still works.

Last edited:
As above pull the clutch lever in you should hear two clicks if not you could of damaged the micro switches which is what I did it’s very easy to do.There is a video on you tube that shows you how to avoid doing this when fitting levers.

Clutch Microswitches

You certainly won?t be the first person, or the last, to have damaged the microswitches when fitting a new clutch lever.

Latest posts

Back