2015+ ABS Pro

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fingers crossed I have it on mine then,will check when I get up later. What's the Dynamic braking light software?
It's where the rear brake lights and indicators flash in emergency braking situation. Whether or not the abs has to engage for the lights to engage no one can tell me. I suspect it won't have it.

From what the dealer said it is not standard on the 2016 bikes, I will look at their demo on Tuesday.

The abs doesn't need to engage for the dynamic brake light to activate, just heavy braking.

Order options
No. Description
182 SA DTC

222 SHIFT ASSISTANT PRO

223 SA DDC

224 DRIVING MODE PRO

228 RACE-PACKAGE

235 DYNAMIK-PAKET

276 DESIGN OPTION WHEEL

326 SU SPEEDOMETER MPH

381 SU OWNER MANUAL ENGLISH

5AC ABS PRO

519 SA HTD HANDLES

538 CRUISE CONTROL

590 SA LED-BLINKLEUCHTE WEISS

602 SA REAR SEAT COVERING

736 LA ENGLAND

Mine was produced end of March Ross, I didn't ask for it or pay extra for it

ABS Pro

BMW will most likely have a clause in the small print on any of their marketing material which will probably state that modifications are reserved. Generally speaking it means that they can change the vehicle base specification at any time without notification. The result is some machines may have it and others may not dependent on build date but the standard Race ABS is in fact extremely good.

Mine wasn't asked or paid for either but I guess I was lucky enough for mine to be manufactured late enough in the year for it to be included. 27th April is my production date and I have it.

Attachments

• image-661346579.jpg
    image-661346579.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 65
In reality this was a huge oversight by BMW. It should either be on or an option, not a random chance thing. Anyone buying now would be a fool to not get it included as standard. Still can't believe it does not work in all modes.

It's not random. It was a factory option on other BMW bikes late last year and judging from the evidence it is now standard on the sthou which must only be a good thing. Looks like March was the change point. I think the frustration that gets vented here is more to blame on dealers not knowing what they are selling. My local dealer still can't tell me if abs pro is standard on current production bikes even though we all know it appears to be the case. I had to explain the difference between abs pro and race abs to the sales guy before he even understood my original question.

The abs doesn't need to engage for the dynamic brake light to activate, just heavy braking.

Thanks Soofsayer.

Do you know if the ABS Pro software will also include the dynamic braking to my 2015? The dealer nor the tech is sure.

I believe that if it is an upgrade to an existing bike then no, it is not included, the dynamic brake light and abs pro are two separate items, even though they are bundled together on new bike builds. Someone who has had abs pro already retro fitted to a 3rd gen should be able to confirm...

Last edited:
Thanks Soofsayer

Id like to be proven wrong on this as it seems like a piss take to add abs pro to the bikes foc from March but charge for retro adding it (it is a software update afterall) if you had a 3rd gen before, and a double piss take that dynamic brake light is not part of the upgrade if you are retro adding it. Hopefully....:)

Id like to be proven wrong on this as it seems like a piss take to add abs pro to the bikes foc from March but charge for retro adding it (it is a software update afterall) if you had a 3rd gen before, and a double piss take that dynamic brake light is not part of the upgrade if you are retro adding it. Hopefully....:)
That in essence is what I was getting at (albeit badly!). It will still be the case if you walk into a dealer who has an older stock 3rd gen you may end up not getting it.

I don't believe the dynamic brake light is part of the standard build anyway... I have ABS Pro, as posted before, but I can find no evidence of having the dynamic brake light.

I don't believe the dynamic brake light is part of the standard build anyway... I have ABS Pro, as posted before, but I can find no evidence of having the dynamic brake light.

Have you had someone follow you and get hard on the brakes to check?

Have you had someone follow you and get hard on the brakes to check?

Not specifically with the intention of testing for dynamic brake light, to be fair, but I've anchored-on hard a few times with people behind me, and none have commented on the brake light doing anything interesting.

After a issue with the dealer I had ABS pro retro fitted. It's definitely without dynamic brake light. I tested it with friends and even saw no information in the extra page I received for my owner manual.

After a issue with the dealer I had ABS pro retro fitted. It's definitely without dynamic brake light. I tested it with friends and even saw no information in the extra page I received for my owner manual.

Same as tituslivius, today I had ABS Pro downloaded/installed definitely does not have the dynamic brake light/indicators. ABS Pro is displayed at start up screen.

Same as tituslivius, today I had ABS Pro downloaded/installed definitely does not have the dynamic brake light/indicators. ABS Pro is displayed at start up screen.

Did you have to pay for it? I'm in discussions with dealer as I ordered a 2016 bike and apparently they should be coming with it so am not willing to pay extra. The dealer said that the dynamic brake light software is part of ABS Pro,but will wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you have to pay for it? I'm in discussions with dealer as I ordered a 2016 bike and apparently they should be coming with it so am not willing to pay extra. The dealer said that the dynamic brake light software is part of ABS Pro,but will wait and

Hi Ross, mines a 2015 bike, so retro fit. The retro fit on the 2015 does not have the dynamic brake light, I don't know if BMW UK would be able to give you a definitive answer?

You would think they'd be a bit more clued up on the subject. The service manager can update it for me but the problem is who's paying for it. Bike was ordered 6 weeks ago and delivered 4 weeks ago with no abs pro,although others on here that bought at same time have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back