2015+ ABS Pro

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So curious now reading all of this... Get mine in about two weeks and wondering what it'll say when I turn it on.

Got it fitted yesterday, it says on display after its went through the whole start up " ABS PRO " .

ABS Pro

As standard in USER mode the options for selectable ABS are 'Sport', 'Race' and 'Slick' and it just governs the type of ABS intervention that you want when on track. ABS Pro was designed for road use and will only function in RAIN, SPORT and RACE modes, and not when the bike is in SLICK or USER modes.

Haven't picked mine up yet (Thursday), but looking the VIN up shows the build details to include ABS-Pro in the specification, so either I've got lucky or it really is installed by default on MY2016+. Nobody I've spoken to appears to be able to confirm either way.

Update on BMW comms
Me
I have the 2015 RR Sport (which has the Performance pack and the Dynamic pack). This does not have the flashing brake warning or hazard warnings.

I use my bike in User mode and it would be good to have the additional functionality that comes with the ABS Pro. I find it surprising that the ABS Pro could not be used in User mode as the lean angle sensor works in tandem with the DTC.

Could you please respond as to if the ABS Pro can or will be adapted to work in User mode as until this is the case it is not something which would benefit myself.

Their response
Thanks for coming back to me.

We value feedback from our customers and we’re always looking for ways to improve. So, I’ve passed your thoughts to the product department for future consideration.

If there’s anything else I can help you with, please get in touch.

So after the previous mail they state it only works in Rain and Sport. Their comms is really poor. You would think that all their dealers and customer service would have the same info and give the same message.

Haven't picked mine up yet (Thursday), but looking the VIN up shows the build details to include ABS-Pro in the specification, so either I've got lucky or it really is installed by default on MY2016+. Nobody I've spoken to appears to be able to confirm either way.

Can you copy and paste the detail of that, I.e. the part code and description?

Re the quickshifter - maybe take it back and get them to look at it, as I know of one that was serviced, and the shifter (or auto-blipper) didn't work after. It was due to the software upgrade and needed rectified by the dealer.

ABS Pro fitted today which should have only taken 90 minutes to install so I waited. 5 hours later it was finally completed due to problems with the software and a delay in the code being sent from Germany. Just to piss me off further I have discovered on the way home that my quickshifter is now really stiff and almost impossible to use. Also be mindful that all your bike settings are returned to factory so make sure you write them down first.

Re the quickshifter - maybe take it back and get them to look at it, as I know of one that was serviced, and the shifter (or auto-blipper) didn't work after. It was due to the software upgrade and needed rectified by the dealer.

Whilst waiting for the dealer to book me in I had an afternoon on the bike and the quickshifter has returned to normal after about 30 miles. I don't understand these things and maybe the software adjusted as I rode. Anyway it works great again so I've cancelled my return to the dealer.

Yep. Will do so once I'm back at my desk with the VIN in front of me tomorrow.

If anyone's going to use this to poke their local dealer, and use my bike as an example to poke them with, can I ask you wait until Friday when I've picked the bike up, just in case they clock they've made a mistake and uninstall the software (it won't be hard to work out who my local dealership is from my location!) :p
attachment.php

Attachments

• Spec Alone.jpg
    Spec Alone.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Kinda resent the implication there if I'm honest. I'm not 'bigging up' anybody, just relating my experience which has been good. I'm not one of those people who only ever mentions when things go wrong, I believe in credit where it's due. Believe me, if Coopers let me down I will be just as quick to mention it, but so far they have been nothing but excellent.

implication ?? enjoy ya bike hope nowt goes wrong

I had no problems with Coopers, twice did me a much better deal than dealers around here, easy to do business with, had no problems with either bike

Bike has been delivered, and I can confirm it definitely has ABS-Pro.

I didn't see the dynamic brake light as a part on the build list. As they come together as a package it does seem a bit odd. Would you be prepared to find out from the dealer if it has the dynamic brake light fitted too?

lucky you, must be the local lads who get fkd off ,, bowkers of preston best dealer ave delt with beat the deal by 2k, and my mates by 2,5k, although another lad just give 14500 cash for motorsport fully loaded ,so must deal when they have to

Bowkers (when they were Southport Superbikes) sold me 2 bikes last year, both at a better deal than my usual dealer (not Coopers). I think they are always keen to win the business if they can, have stock, and that differentiates them from most of the car and bike dealers I come across generally.

implication ?? enjoy ya bike hope nowt goes wrong

Yeah, I'm not having a pop - but I'm not here to 'big up' anyone, just telling my story. Thanks for that though :)

lucky you, must be the local lads who get fkd off ,, bowkers of preston best dealer ave delt with beat the deal by 2k, and my mates by 2,5k, although another lad just give 14500 cash for motorsport fully loaded ,so must deal when they have to

I have to say, I was very happy with the deal I was given, and I'm local, albeit not originally.

I didn't see the dynamic brake light as a part on the build list. As they come together as a package it does seem a bit odd. Would you be prepared to find out from the dealer if it has the dynamic brake light fitted too?

Mm, happy to ask about it. As far as I can tell (having stuck a whole lot of VIN numbers through the BMW build information system) all the RRs being built at the moment seem to have ABS-Pro, but I've not seen the dynamic brake light on any of them. Bike definitely says 'ABS-Pro' on startup though, so the build sheet seems to be correct.

Mm, happy to ask about it. As far as I can tell (having stuck a whole lot of VIN numbers through the BMW build information system) all the RRs being built at the moment seem to have ABS-Pro, but I've not seen the dynamic brake light on any of them. Bike definitely says 'ABS-Pro' on startup though, so the build sheet seems to be correct.

Thats interesting. I think a few owners might be a little miffed to be charged extra for it simply because they were quick to buy the new bike last year.

Back