2012 new owner

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boldyboy

Reaction score
Bought a 2012 s1000rr about 5 weeks ago,absolutely love it,however have a couple of things doing my nut in in,i get a mettalic rattle from somewhere in front of me which sounds like something is flapping about and also its cut out on me twice whilst going down the gears,started up straight away both times on the button but shit me up a bit,bikes done 23,000miles,full service history.

Re: 2102 new owner

Switchgear has been a big issue on these bikes so my first thought would be is your kill switch on its way out? I know this was a recall on earlier bikes but not sure about the 2012?? I'm sure someone on here can jump in with info?

Obviously there's lots of other things that could cause cutting out though (e.g. faulty side stand switch?) ...anyways, hope you get it sorted ;)

Re: 2102 new owner

its only done it twice,and only had the bike a short time,big difference riding this to my 636,so could be just me,but the rattle does my head in,only seem to notice it at low speeds.

Rattling could be the exhaust valve.
Can you give more details on the cutout? Is it the moment you flick the gear lever? Does the dash stay on? Can you restart without turning the key off/on?

it cuts out going down into second gear i think,all lights stay on,just flick the starter switch and it comes back on.no need to touch the key

Latest posts

Back