15" Cush drive / sprocket carrier play / wear

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Cavey. Ah not so good to hear!! So - does the TC light come on from time to time and just stays on? It's hard going through issues that can't be resolved but try per severe. Who's your local motorrad dealer?
yeah TC light comes on and stays on.....just happens randomly whenever it feels like it. I can confirm that it's not just a faulty light/ecu issue, it is actually deactivating the TC.....rear wheel spins up etc.....serious safety issue on a 200bhp bike and after 5 attempts to fix 3 dealers have failed to resolve it!
First 2 dealers weren't great (understatement), i'm now dealing with Preston who have actually been great to be fair, but they've had the bike in twice and so far still failed to resolve the issue. After having MANY issues since new a year ago i've totally lost faith in the bike now and very nervous about what it might cost me to maintain after the warranty expires?! ....I'd like my money back or at least a brand new bike that might be trouble free if i'm lucky??!

In your position I would tell bowker what you are about to do and then document all the issues, dates, and dealer visits and write an email to bowker explaining that because BMW have been unable to fix the TC problem after multiple attempts you are formally rejecting the vehicle under the sale of goods act, and request a new replacement bike of the same spec or a full refund. It would be a good move to praise the dealer's efforts in trying to fix the issue - they will then raise your request with BMW U.K.

As long as you have been reasonable in giving BMW the opportunity to fix the problem you have a very strong position.

I had an Audi A7 from new with a reoccurring cabin rattle that could not be resolved after 18 months and 7 dealer visits. Got a new replacement car after rejecting it formally.

Naaa i dont think its the wheel bearings, no humming from them. Whats the tightening torque of the wheel nut ( 2015)

Latest posts

Back