cush drive play

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put the rubbers in yesterday. WOW what a job. No slack whatsoever. I had to get a rubber mallet to get the carrier in. Will see what its like after 5 days at Almeria in a couple of weeks.

By what I was told today its a real issue on Forged and Carbon wheels....My Gen 3 had same Forged wheels but the quality of Cush and mount was miles better then Gen 4.

I did nearly 30,000 miles and never touched them on Gen 3

I've had the same set for 4000 miles in both carbon and magnesium wheels. I'm of a mind to replace them yearly.
My old Triumph 675 were renowned for getting through them. They were only ?28 as opposed to the BM's ?75

By what I was told today its a real issue on Forged and Carbon wheels....My Gen 3 had same Forged wheels but the quality of Cush and mount was miles better then Gen 4.

I did nearly 30,000 miles and never touched them on Gen 3

If you mean the circular ones that was a great design, dont understand why they dropped them

I assume they are not as kind to the gearbox. The large triangle rubbers will be better at absorbing driveline shock.

I put the rubbers in yesterday. WOW what a job. No slack whatsoever. I had to get a rubber mallet to get the carrier in. Will see what its like after 5 days at Almeria in a couple of weeks.

Update.
I did a tyre change at the end of the first day. Did 5 sessions. I was amazed how easily the carrier slid in, no need to get the mallet out.
I will be putting new rubbers in anually if not twice a year from now on.

Back