Questions about the 2019 RR?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim @ Lind

Reaction score
Right ladies and gents.

As the title suggests, any questions regarding the 2019 model for when I'm in Portugal at the launch?

Obviously if I can answer any before I go, I will.

1. Why the change in front calipers?

You could be cute with that first question.
What's the stopping distance from 60mph of the 19RR vs the 18RR ;)
Demonstrate they are not worse :)

2. When will the Euro 5 version ship?
3. When will you paint it better colours? And what will they be?
4. Will we see a road-going carbon framed version?
5. Will be see any use of 3D printing on a production bike?

Only 1 question. Can you take me with you to test it myself [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019 RR Questions

Could you please ask the following questions...

When will the new RCK be available?
When will the equivalent HP Race Power Kit be available?
When will the HP Racing Data Release and Mapping be available through ISTA-P?
Confirm if the ECU can be race enabled.
Confirm the fork caliper mounts are still 100mm.
Confirm what the DDC shim package will consist of.
What are the OEM DDC front (left and right fork) and rear spring weights?
Will different OEM DDC front and rear spring weights be available direct from BMW?
Can tyre size be changed/programmed via the dash?

Tim, could you please determine if the ECU will limit RPM until the first service. Thank you.

- Will there be an official full system exhaust and associated ECU update that does not void the manufacture warranty, as is the case with Ducati, KTM et al?
Basically an HP Power Kit, but without invalidating the warranty.

- Will the BMW Navigator SatNav be officially compatible?

- Does it have a counter-rotating crank?

Last edited:
2019 RR Questions

Additional question...

What is the process for removing DDC?

They really should do a track pack for all bikes...

Additional the SatNav you could add what are the power options for accessories.

As the 19 bike is not due out until June, will the 19 bike run through until the end of 2020 or will BMW bring an updated (new paint etc) bike in early next year?

1 How much money did BMW save by not using a brembo caliper?

2. Was it so they can charge a stupid amount of money to patent the brake pad?

3. Can I fit a standard brembo caliper off a 2018 s1000rr?

- Will there be an official full system exhaust and associated ECU update that does not void the manufacture warranty, as is the case with Ducati, KTM et al?
Basically an HP Power Kit, but without invalidating the warranty.

- Will the BMW Navigator SatNav be officially compatible?

- Does it have a counter-rotating crank?

I can answer two of these...

1: No, only race systems will be made available.

2: I'll ask

3: No, it's a conventional clockwise setup :(

1 How much money did BMW save by not using a brembo caliper?

2. Was it so they can charge a stupid amount of money to patent the brake pad?

3. Can I fit a standard brembo caliper off a 2018 s1000rr?

The brakes are exactly the same (caliper and pad) as the new 1250 GS' and the pads are ?60 a side.

But yes, the calipers will swap over if you wanted to. You would need to change the lines as the banjo bolt is at a completely different angle and I doubt you would be able to manipulate the union to fit.

2019 RR Questions

Does the OEM brake line union still prohibit the use of an under-yoke type front paddock stand?

Tim,

I could be totally wrong here but from what I saw of the pre production bike at the show, it looked like the handlebars are cast as part of the top yoke which I can understand reduces costs and makes assembly easier but..... really? You'd have to buy the complete top yoke, both handlebar unit after a light spill. Plus raising bars, changing angle of bars, third party parts?

So why? What's the benefit for the user?

Jamie

Does the OEM brake line union still prohibit the use of an under-yoke type front paddock stand?

Nice

Tim,

I could be totally wrong here but from what I saw of the pre production bike at the show, it looked like the handlebars are cast as part of the top yoke which I can understand reduces costs and makes assembly easier but..... really? You'd have to buy the complete top yoke, both handlebar unit after a light spill. Plus raising bars, changing angle of bars, third party parts?

So why? What's the benefit for the user?

Jamie

Totally, can't see how you fit aftermarket without a new yoke. Unless someone makes them to fit the OEM clamp?
This is the Alpha solution - have the capped the OEM and stuck clipons underneath? Looks that way.
45568546_562104297545535_5617967224900812800_o.jpg

Nice

Totally, can't see how you fit aftermarket without a new yoke. Unless someone makes them to fit the OEM clamp?
This is the Alpha solution - have the capped the OEM and stuck clipons underneath? Looks that way.
View attachment 4082

Looks like a new yoke and clipons. That's fair enough for raciing as they'd fit offset adjustable yokes straight away, but for the road rider? Hey, ho.... I suppose most people wouldn't think about it. It was just something that struck me when I sat on the bike at the NEC show. I'll take another look at the MCN show on Saturday.

Then again.... These are pre production bikes

Latest posts

Back