22 RR Seats

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KKND83

Reaction score
Hello everyone, a quick one regarding the S1000R seats, Are they interchangeable with the RR? Reason I'm asking is that I'm looking for a more comfortable seat on My RR (standard seat) and I could feel that the R M seat was far more comfortable when I sat on it in the showroom and looked wider too.

Or any other suggestions? I've seen the Wunderlich Aktivlomfort and Sargent seats mentioned a lot but haven't found any solid review or info yet.

Thanks

I have the Wunderlich Aktivcomfort.
I bought it for two reasons. I wanted to open up my knee angle as I felt the standard seat was too low for my liking and was having knee pain.
Secondly, as you have mentioned; the rock hardness of the standard seat.

It is more comfortable no doubt. But its not softer, its just more supple. A little more endurable on longer rides in the saddle. Dont expect night and day difference however. Whichever you seat you get. Simply put...Its not a GS.

MY opinion based on my experience is; if you are happy with the seat height, then save your money, buy a good quality seat gel, Gold Gel that Luimoto has or something like that; and have it inserted under your existing OEM seat cover. Dont do what others do, and carve out the shape of the gel in your existing foam seat. Simply put the whole gel square on top and have the fabric tightly cover it so you can maximise gel coverage and the existing foam. The gel insert would make more difference than any other seat you buy, no doubt.
Then as a final back up, buy yourself some gel inserted undershorts, either like this:
(https://www.dainese.com/cy/en/outle...bike-technical-layers-and-accessories&start=1)
Or from a cycling shop like Decathlon. Its the same thing.
That is a far more cost effective and and real life difference to your riding comfort. No doubt.
As always, this is just my opinion. everyones arse is different, some can take it, others cant....:encouragement: :glee::glee:

I have the Wunderlich Aktivcomfort.
I bought it for two reasons. I wanted to open up my knee angle as I felt the standard seat was too low for my liking and was having knee pain.
Secondly, as you have mentioned; the rock hardness of the standard seat.

It is more comfortable no doubt. But its not softer, its just more supple. A little more endurable on longer rides in the saddle. Dont expect night and day difference however. Whichever you seat you get. Simply put...Its not a GS.

MY opinion based on my experience is; if you are happy with the seat height, then save your money, buy a good quality seat gel, Gold Gel that Luimoto has or something like that; and have it inserted under your existing OEM seat cover. Dont do what others do, and carve out the shape of the gel in your existing foam seat. Simply put the whole gel square on top and have the fabric tightly cover it so you can maximise gel coverage and the existing foam. The gel insert would make more difference than any other seat you buy, no doubt.
Then as a final back up, buy yourself some gel inserted undershorts, either like this:
(https://www.dainese.com/cy/en/outle...bike-technical-layers-and-accessories&start=1)
Or from a cycling shop like Decathlon. Its the same thing.
That is a far more cost effective and and real life difference to your riding comfort. No doubt.
As always, this is just my opinion. everyones arse is different, some can take it, others cant....:encouragement: :glee::glee:

This made me chuckle!

Thank you so much for your elaborate response and suggestions.

I am actually happy with the height plus I have the adjustable rear sets for slight adjustability of the knee angle. But I am wondering if higher seats equal more comfort.

Is it more comfortable? Haven't sat on one yet but heard that it was actually harsh

Is it more comfortable? Haven't sat on one yet but heard that it was actually harsh

Well I am 5ft8. 100KG and over 40 years old.
I found the S1000r seat marginally better. Yes, better but marginally. Maybe a 25 year old would disagree??

Does a higher seating position = more comfort?
For me, yes. Because I am good with not putting weight on my wrists and not tiring my triceps with locked out arms. Because one side effect is that you will sit more ON the bike rather than IN the bike. Thats what I felt anyway.
I use my thighs and body to hold me up. Therefore the extra height opened my knee even more and made it far more relaxing when riding for 3 hours or more.

Other guys I ride with a far more concerned about weight on their wrists, tiring their arms etc... Ive never had issues in that department.

I am 6"2 and I notice the seating position every time I ride the Gen 4, esp. at the knees, so I am thinking of doing something. Bananaman, Pedro znd others have discussed HP rear sets in other threads, doesn't feel like that would give me what I want, so current favourite is to get the Wunderlich seat Le Duke has. Wondering what the downsides, if any might be of that higher position? I not bothered by the comfort aspect vs OEM seat on my arse, it's all about the knees and being able to move around the bike on track - any thoughts?

I am 6"2 and I notice the seating position every time I ride the Gen 4, esp. at the knees, so I am thinking of doing something. Bananaman, Pedro znd others have discussed HP rear sets in other threads, doesn't feel like that would give me what I want, so current favourite is to get the Wunderlich seat Le Duke has. Wondering what the downsides, if any might be of that higher position? I not bothered by the comfort aspect vs OEM seat on my arse, it's all about the knees and being able to move around the bike on track - any thoughts?

I totally understand you Rick.
And based on my experience, the best result is for you to do both. Get the higher seat and adjustable rear sets (budget permitting). This will -as much as possible- alleviate your issues, and allow you to tune the foot controls and pegs to how you want.
Downsides? As i mentioned above. The higher seat will throw your mass forwards slightly. That doesnt bother me, dont think it would bother anyone esp. on a track focused bike at 6ft 2.

I bought these, chinese copy. No problems with them, jumped up and down trying to break them but solid as a rock. Think you get 10mm lower than OE which makes a helluva difference knees wise. Also had a spare seat padded taller, was great but just felt too high and an uncomfortable feeling sitting on the bike instead of in it so reverted back to OE seat. Ok for short (1 hr) journeys and track days. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003983868070.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.7e151802RbrJbm

...and I thought StuartB had the monopoly on commission from AliExpress :) Seriously though, I will consider both options so thanks Bman and LeDuke. I used to feel like I was sitting on top of my K1300S, but the feeling went away after a while, maybe it'd be the same with the seat.

I was happy that I got through my single trackday this year much more easily than expected after my accident (struggling to zip my 2-piece together was the worst of it), but I chickened out of using the Gen4 and took the Gen2 because it was so much more familiar and comfortable. Hoping to do a foreign track with Gen 4 over the winter...

I put the latest gen (3?) S1000R Tall seat on my 2021 gen 4 RR and it fit perfectly. Adds 1" and better than the HP High seat for comfort.

Thank you all for the amazing responses. I definetly felt the difference between the S1000R M seat and my RR's standard seat. I'll order the S1000R M seat as an alternative seat.

Thank you all once again.

Latest posts

Back