New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have thought a taller seat or higher sub-frame mount will both result in additional weight transfer to the wrists(?)

I hope that the front fairing design is more open than the Gen 3, to facilitate the use of raised clip-ons.
Perhaps they will offer HP branded Gilles VarioErgo 2 clip-ons, to complete their ergo accessories.

Oh and with regard to pricing, I would be amazed if the base bike is more than ?19k, as I imagine BMW will want to undercut Ducati?s price schemes for their base and S models

- Oli

Last edited:
Looking at the specifications and options list makes me think it?s going to be much more track focused than previous versions.

I was all but decided to trade my 2015 RR (with more power and handling than I'll ever be able to use on the road) for the Gen4 (with even more power and handling than my current RR), at not insignificant cost, but am now suffering from range anxiety. Hopefully the lighter weight and ShiftCam will allow for the same or better range from the smaller tank.

Do you honestly find range bad? They do like 40 to the gallon pushing them. 55 if you sit anywhere from 40-90mph

Do you honestly find range bad? They do like 40 to the gallon pushing them. 55 if you sit anywhere from 40-90mph
I've done Santander to Samur at a fair clip over the last few days (shite weather, head down on the peage, see the sights) and can confirm that range is excellent at Corkys 40-90, but is very poor if you add a 1. Great mile muncher with the right tyres BTW. Just felt like saying what a VERY good all round bike the Gen 3 is. Gen 4 could be amazing.

I tested that cos I found it amazing it's under such little pressure that mpg is barely affected at that range of speed.

Id say only reason gs or touring bike can go further is bigger tank. I doubt there as good on fuel

I'm thinking (hoping) it's going to be more track focused as well; in particular with the weight and geometry. That said I think it's very unlikely BMW would want to sacrifice it's good road manners such as stability and ease of use so I reckon they will be putting a lot of work into making it just as friendly as the gen 1-3 since that is ultimately why it has sold so well; the average rider wants to feel like a hero on a race bike but wants to be able to go to the shops without wrestling the beast as well if necessary and this is where BMW excels.

The places the BMW suffers are tighter twisty tracks like Cadwell and Oulton Park because it's biased towards stability. The new bike has an option of 'M' adjustable swing arm pivot which should give some options with the geometry when dropping and lifting the front end to make it more agile in the twisties. Everyone I've been speaking to has said the Gen 3 needs to be setup up flat (stock) or with the front slightly higher than the back which will make it a little harder work to turn. On other bikes you drop the front at Cadwell for instance to help in the turns.

Testing...

43985041_488854731618194_639690454799692621_n.jpg

If it looks like that, it still has the skelly eyes, that would be better imo

By all accounts the asymmetric headlights have now gone. We will soon find out in a couple of days though at the model launch.

Well as am a fickle arse I will go as far as to say, if the lights are completely gone and look like the blade duke crap I will not buy one, if on the other hand they are like the pic I posted above I will lol

All the details to date here:

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/rumors/2019-bmw-s1000rr
Says on link you posted 204 hp
on post I made earlier What i nicked off alpha racing Instagram says 207 hp.
I think nobody knows as yet on the stats
Lol

I believe that BMW will be quoting horsepower based on the metric system which the site, being American, has converted to horsepower based on the Imperial definition. 1hp metric is approx 0.99hp imperial.

Yes it will have all the power, but personally, I prefer the evolved electronics, weight reduction and easy turn in. That might be just me since I prefer track ride.

Anyone else notice the 'M adjustable swingarm pivot' is missing from the latest spec leaks?

Latest posts

Back