New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New S1000RR

If BMW wanted to race it they would have produced a cheaper version for sure.

New S1000RR spy photos?!?

I am personally of the opinion that there will be colour changes only for the 2018 MY S1000RR, with the "all new" bike launched at either Intermot or EICMA that year for a 2019 MY designation.

I do not believe there will be a new HP4 road bike, instead I think (and hope) that BMW will do two models of the new bike, a sub ?20K base bike with steel frame, and then a carbon bike in the ~?25K bracket (as a WSB homologation) that has a carbon frame and other HP goodies.
I think it would make sense to have these bikes compete with the Ducati base and S models price point.
I also suspect HP Carbon wheels will be available from 19 onwards.

Time will tell, but one thing is for sure, these are exiting times in motorcycling! :)

Last edited:
Re: New S1000RR spy photos?!?

I am personally of the opinion that there will be colour changes only for the 2018 MY S1000RR, with the "all new" bike launched at either Intermot or EICMA that year for a 2019 MY designation.

I do not believe there will be a new HP4 road bike, instead I think (and hope) that BMW will do two models of the new bike, a sub ?20K base bike with steel frame, and then a carbon bike in the ~?25K bracket (as a WSB homologation) that has a carbon frame and other HP goodies.
I think it would make sense to have these bikes compete with the Ducati base and S models price point.
I also suspect HP Carbon wheels will be available from 19 onwards.

Time will tell, but one thing is for sure, these are exiting times in motorcycling! :)

Dealer said BMW are not doing an hp4 road bike. Somebody else told me they've been to a BMW factory in Germany producing carbon frames for the rr. I do think prices will go up significantly. I think a standard bike will be thereabouts ?20k with the carbon being the premium price maybe ?5k more? It'll be heads and shoulders above the rest hopefully so they'll get the money imo.

Dealer said BMW are not doing an hp4 road bike. Somebody else told me they've been to a BMW factory in Germany producing carbon frames for the rr. I do think prices will go up significantly. I think a standard bike will be thereabouts ?20k with the carbon being the premium price maybe ?5k more? It'll be heads and shoulders above the rest hopefully so they'll get the money imo.

I can imagine they're doing lots of testing with both the aluminium and CF frames.
Would be amazing to see all the behind the scenes R&D that goes into these major projects, especially how much involvement BMW cars play in shared tech?

I am optimistic that the new bike will be a real tour de force of the latest and greatest tech, and the use of CF will be something of a USP I imagine.
But, I am hopeful that BMW will remain true to what has worked so well with the current RR, and that is a real world, all round capable sport bike.
I also think the whole ownership experience with BMW is first class so I imagine they will simply continue going from strength to strength :).

P.S. Guess I should start living off beans on toast now ready for 2019 lol ...
P.S.2. Can't believe I wrote "steel" frame in my original post ... too long on KTM's lol!

Don't doubt you Andy but I hope your dealer is wrong. Was in getting the car serviced yesterday and the dealer was still under the impression a HP4 road bike will be announced in Quarter 3. I've first dibs on any that get sent to Dundee so I am waiting with baited breath.

JimmyMac

Re: New S1000RR

Never, is it a good show?
Yes Keith, It is a far better/larger show than our NEC show in Nov. I have been 4 or 5 times. Not sure now but when you buy your ticket online it also gives you free public transport to the venue within 100km, you do not have to stay in Cologne. The train station is at the door step to the show at KoelnMesse...

New S1000RR

BMW have already confirmed this and that there will be no other changes for MY2018. The only new product is the addition of an Akrapovič HP full exhaust system (road legal with a built-in catalytic converter and not to be confused with the HP Race Power Kit) to the accessories brochure.

I'll be closely following MCN on this as those boys really have their finger on the pulse, although surprised they've run the story as I thought they were now doing Honda UK's PR? :)

2019 bike

I've just got all excited - they just mentioned in the World Superbikes warm up that teams will be looking at the new 2019 BMW for next season. No other details though.

Anyone got any news on it? Even made up stuff would do!

Re: 2019 bike

New bike is a new bike. No carry over from the gen 3 is what I have been told. New engine etc.

I am down for one of the first dealer allocations early ?19. Hope it?s good.

No idea about the new one, but it’s now got a bit of catching up to do it seems with the vvt gsxr, and the v4 Ducati. None of that helps me however, I’m really hoping that I can pick up a discounted 2018 when the knew one is released into the wild. Do BMW discount outgoing models when they try to sell the latest?

New Model

I was chatting to one of the BMW race teams on Monday at Snetterton and they were saying that they were not expecting to take delivery of the new model until at least April 2019 at the earliest. Based off that timeline I wouldn't expect to see it in showrooms until later on in the year as the supported race teams always get their bikes early. We will know more when the bike is supposedly launched at Intermot in October and it will be completely new.

I was chatting to one of the BMW race teams on Monday at Snetterton and they were saying that they were not expecting to take delivery of the new model until at least April 2019 at the earliest. Based off that timeline I wouldn't expect to see it in showrooms until later on in the year as the supported race teams always get their bikes early. We will know more when the bike is supposedly launched at Intermot in October and it will be completely new.
Ok good to know, I'll probably keep mine and run it into the ground then, this year would be my last ever chance to go new with the S1 unless there are some bargains around by late this year!

New Model

There will no doubt be some good deals on old stock MY18 S1000RRs after the launch of the new model.

Re: New Model

I would think that they will get their bikes Nov/Dec of this year so i think the race teams are "implicated" to say that. I think and also hope to some extent BMW are going to make a decent fist of WSBK racing and either run a team at factory level or provide a better level of support than they currently do to the Althea team.....

Re: New Model

I would think that they will get their bikes Nov/Dec of this year so i think the race teams are "implicated" to say that. I think and also hope to some extent BMW are going to make a decent fist of WSBK racing and either run a team at factory level or provide a better level of support than they currently do to the Althea team.....

I doubt bmw are going to go racing again, they've made it clear they are supporting teams but not running their own.

New bikes always come out for dealers in early February, I dont know why bmw do that but that is what they have done every year since I have been buying them.

I know the 19 bike is purported? To have got rid of the assymetrical headhights need to beef up the fairing fixing & get rid of that dumb windscreen design & they"ll be on to a winner!

Latest posts

Back