Bike transport advice

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never tried the 'in gear drive up the ramp' however could be useful if slightly dodgy. I prefer to use 2 people, 1 either side and push into van. In the end it is what you feel confident with.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I've never tried the 'in gear drive up the ramp' however could be useful if slightly dodgy. I prefer to use 2 people, 1 either side and push into van. In the end it is what you feel confident with.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Works well. Thousand cc drives up on clutch control only.

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Thanks for all the advice folks, I've got no excuse for not doing it right now :redface-new:

Set of ramps arrived yesterday & front wheel chock on its way today, plus various tie straps.

Bike Transport

Packed with nothing more than the trackday essentials...

attachment.php

Motorcycle Ramp

I would highly recommend buying one as they are really well made. The only downsides are that it is a little bit more expensive compared to other ramps on the market and it certainly isn?t that lightweight.

Are you using a front wheel choke there too? Do you recommend using a paddock stand @ the rear also?

Are you using a front wheel choke there too? Do you recommend using a paddock stand @ the rear also?

I wouldnt recommend using a paddock stand. You will have all the pressure from the straps going through the bobbin fixings, if one of those snapped you would have a disaster.

A front wheel chock isnt necessary but useful if you are loading a bike that doesnt have a side stand and/or there is limited space to lean the bike over (on a side stand).

One or other help keep the bike stable whilst its strapped down

There are chocks that aren?t for fixing to the floor, they have splayed feet.

Last edited:
Don't over think it.

Push the bike in
Front wheel hard up against the bulkhead
Right side bar against the side of the van
Put into gear
Spin rear wheel backwards so its locked
Put strap from outside foot peg to high mounting point in van

That will more than sufficiently secure it

I also put a strap from right foot pet to lower front mount to pull bike harder into bulkhead but there isn't really a need to.

People go mental with 5 6 straps, wheel chocks, straps from grips etc. Just a massive waste of money.

Sorry Jay - she was down to 1 narrow ramp about 5 mins after I posted here about them - looks like they were very popular. Due to going house hunting in the sun on Thursday, I wouldn't have been able to get to them quickly anyway. Nothing new has appeared on her post apart from the fact that she woudln't ship them, and the fact she's down to 1 ramp. If you want that one, I'll message her today but you'll need a drive up norf to get it, or wait until my return (if she'll keep it until then) so I can pick it up for you.

Motorcycle Ramp

You won?t be disappointed. Just make sure that you load the ramp in the bottom of the van immediately after putting the bike(s) in as it?s not very light and you wouldn?t want to put it on top of anything!

Back