BMW HP4 Race

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Get the kleenex ready...

Why not make it road legal too? Surely the target demographic will just buy a 1299 so they can ride it to Squires and Fridaythorpe once a week.....

I'm only jealous, I'd love one to wobble round Euro trackdays on. Wonder if I can remortgage?
First race is in June Paul, I have a strict training and diet regime.....
Not looked at it yet but I've got one and thats a start!

There will be a road version IMO, it's a waste of production tooling otherwise. Low volume carbon parts are not as expensive/hard to make as they used to be.

Chap I was talking to a few days ago told me that BMW already have a factory up and running production in Germany making these carbon frames. I agree with Alex that there must be a road homogenated version to follow. Personally I would be interested depending on price but the benefits of the weight saving will be lost on me.

Ive done a box in too... greeting my eyes out because I cant afford one 😭😭😭😭

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Chap I was talking to a few days ago told me that BMW already have a factory up and running production in Germany making these carbon frames. I agree with Alex that there must be a road homogenated version to follow. Personally I would be interested depending on price but the benefits of the weight saving will be lost on me.

Yes same here, can't fault my gen3 (well the gearbox could be a bit slicker) and I certainly wouldn't chop it in for any of the other current litre bikes and that includes the latest flavour of the moment Blade / GSXR, and while my riding ability and needs can't justify a road going HP4 if they launch one, I'd still bloody want one!!

It's not for 'us' it's to race. Period. It's to take Ducati on in the tech wars (Carbon frames etc).

They need to shift 750 and I would hazzard that 50% will go straight to race teams world wide in a blink of an eye....

FPR had to shift 750 of their bike Foggy sort of developed years ago.
Idiots paid through the nose too. Some people need shooting.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

FPR had to shift 750 of their bike Foggy sort of developed years ago.
Idiots paid through the nose too. Some people need shooting.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

They were very much a folly, at least the SuperLeggera, HP4-Race, RC213V-S and forthcoming KTM RC16 are coming form established factories!

Funnily enough Sportsbikeshop have got a Foggy Petronas on display on their showroom, first one I've seen in years, they never ran properly, don't think they could give them away in the end...

I remember when BMW launched the e46 m3 csl and people said why would you pay that much more money over an m3, I bet most people wish they had one now with them fetching around 75k. Let's be honest not many of these hp4 race bikes, superlegerras and rc213's will end up on track, they'll be snapped up by collectors, IMO they'll be good investments just like the csl. A standard s1000rr is adequate enough for most people as a track bike and a lot cheaper if you bin it.

Apparently Cannons have sold one already 💨

Last edited:

Apparently Cannons have sold one already [emoji100]

Dealers have been taking deposits since the day it was announced. Bahnstormers we're inundated with enquiries last October.

- Sent from Mobile

I remember when BMW launched the e46 m3 csl and people said why would you pay that much more money over an m3, I bet most people wish they had one now with them fetching around 75k. Let's be honest not many of these hp4 race bikes, superlegerras and rc213's will end up on track, they'll be snapped up by collectors, IMO they'll be good investments just like the csl. A standard s1000rr is adequate enough for most people as a track bike and a lot cheaper if you bin it.

The csl that has a cardboard boot floor to save on weight? ?75k wow.

I've got an E36 M3 Evo Saloon in the garage, a 1998 in black with 121k miles & FSH .. I wonder what thats worth these days! .. /me goes to google..

Z8. Don't remind me. I could've bought a silver one brand new from the dealer in around 2001??? (Would have to have sold some organs to fund it) for ?73k ??? but scoffed at the LHD only issue and the red leather (not for me). Since then I've spent more than I care to imagine on cars and depreciation. If I had bought the Z8 back then I'd be so much better off today. Life eh.

Z8. Don't remind me. I could've bought a silver one brand new from the dealer in around 2001??? (Would have to have sold some organs to fund it) for ?73k ??? but scoffed at the LHD only issue and the red leather (not for me). Since then I've spent more than I care to imagine on cars and depreciation. If I had bought the Z8 back then I'd be so much better off today. Life eh.
Ha sorry didn't mean to depress you! My mate sold his to Germany & nearly doubled his money after just 3 years.........

I've got an E36 M3 Evo Saloon in the garage, a 1998 in black with 121k miles & FSH .. I wonder what thats worth these days! .. /me goes to google..[/QUOTE

its not going to be worth nothing like a csl or e30 m3 evo but if it's mint and origional it will start creeping up in value, shame it's not Dakar yellow. A good friend of mine has a black csl with 8k miles and an e30 m3 evo in red with 11k miles, both sat in bubble tents, bmw uk have borrowed both cars over the years for launch events, combined worth on both cars is close on 180k, not bad to say he purchased them both for just over 50k, don't think you'd get that return from the bank.

Latest posts

Back