Ready for the weekend

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andybarsblade

Reaction score
Love giving my bike a clean. Hate water marks!
So i snow foam
jet wash rinse
and dry with an airline
Contactless washing! it's brilliant
IMG_1604_zps6bffc188.jpg

IMG_1605_zpsecda2222.jpg

IMG_1606_zpsfbc333a9.jpg

IMG_1607_zps5d8d36ca.jpg

IMG_1608_zpsa332449d.jpg

IMG_1609_zps7365d9e4.jpg

IMG_1610_zps665eec5a.jpg

IMG_1611_zps33dfd466.jpg

IMG_1612_zpse92e8d83.jpg

IMG_1613_zpse7a87c2b.jpg

Last edited:
You jet wash a £14k+ bike??

Are you mental? I'd never let high pressure water anywhere near mine....

I have always been told that due to more exposed wiring & electrics on bikes any form of jet washing is a total no no on bikes. I suppose it depends on how close you plan to get and how powerful the spray is. I don't deny you know what you're doing Andy, the snow foam looks very effective but I've heard of some bikes being jet washed that had serious electrical problems afterwards.

My local BMW dealer uses foam and jetwash to wash all their bikes - whilst they don't use a Karcher pressure washer that will clean paving slabs, they use a pressure washer powerful enough to get the dirt off - they appear to know what they're doing and don't seem mental!

Karcher pressure washer, sensible distance away and then the entire bike is blow dry with compressed air, done this every time i've cleaned it from new. No switch gear or quick shifter issues yet.

The snow foam looks very interesting. Where do you get that from and how do you apply it?

Thanks for the link Andy. Might give it a go!

I've just ordered a lance and some foam. The lance isn't particularly cheap but it does look good. I normally use Muc-off so I'll see how much better/easier this is. Thanks for the tip Andy.

Allan

Came up nice. I jet wash mine with a little karcher from a distance with no problems. Couldn't use the work one though, it runs on three phase and would probably knock it off its stand!

Latest posts

Back