Yesterday i became a man

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iain-s1000rr

Reaction score
So, im sure you all get those days where your out on the bike and she just seems to be performing that little bit better than usual and the longer your out the more your confidence is building, she pulling like a train and cornering like shes on rails. Well that was me yesterday, whilst on one of the local roads to me that i know very well and you can see oncoming traffic for miles i decided to try get my knee down. After a few near attempts i thought, ok i need to get myself off the bike a little more and sure enough, first time i scrapped the slider :D :D. After punching the air and screaming in my helmet for a mile or so i decided to pull over and check for the scuff, unfortunately i borrowed my sliders off a friend and they are already scuffed like mad so i couldnt see my proud scrape :(. Anyway, im still buzzing a little today and cant wait to get out on the beast tomorrow up to moffat to meet up with some of you guys.

Brilliant, the first time I was the same,whooping away to myself lol.
Its also highly addictive :glee:

So, im sure you all get those days where your out on the bike and she just seems to be performing that little bit better than usual and the longer your out the more your confidence is building, she pulling like a train and cornering like shes on rails. Well that was me yesterday, whilst on one of the local roads to me that i know very well and you can see oncoming traffic for miles i decided to try get my knee down. After a few near attempts i thought, ok i need to get myself off the bike a little more and sure enough, first time i scrapped the slider :D :D. After punching the air and screaming in my helmet for a mile or so i decided to pull over and check for the scuff, unfortunately i borrowed my sliders off a friend and they are already scuffed like mad so i couldnt see my proud scrape :(. Anyway, im still buzzing a little today and cant wait to get out on the beast tomorrow up to moffat to meet up with some of you guys.

Good lad! Track day now :smile-new:

well done Iain! I am a bit jelous lol had my knee down plenty on track but never on the road.... I must not be trying hard enough lol

Yeah i was buzzing, glad it wasnt a roundabout either. Stu, i felt really comfortable on the bike and was really enjoying myself. Not sure if its the bike or those Metzelers but either way ive not trusted any of my other bikes like i do the S-THOU

Less than 24hrs from getting your knee down and I witnessed you doing it in front of me on the big ride out!!!!
Followed by elbow, erse and heid!!!!!!

Glad you are ok so is Malic. Get those videos posted lads. Lol

JimmyMac

Oh dear... hope all ok and bike's aren't trashed, I sense we'll be hearing a bit more about this later

Oh dear.....I used to be in the same position, jealous of my mates shredded sliders then saw one by one walking on crutches. Until I started racing I never 'saw' the crap that was on our roads (irrelevant to how well I knew them). It's amazing how much more vision you aquire by being on track.

Knee down on roads is a danger to fellow roads users and dangerous , if somone was to step out in front of u could you really stop tut tut

Nobody was trying to get a knee down Jimmy, him and Malic were forced off the road by a bin wagon who was on the wrong side of the road and gave them nowhere to go. You should have come you could have helped big StuartB after he went cross country on his HP4, now that is a different story. Fantastic ride out and getting to meet forum members, not a single cock waver here.

Hows the weather doon there?

JimmyMac

nothing more certain than this was going to happen cock waving on the road, knee down on road means nothing
Don't hold back, just say what's on your mind next time Jimmy.
Oh, and am I (along with the other members)still a pussy cu*t or whatever your quote was ( can't be bothered reading your posts) Maybe you should piss off or have the decency to apologise if you're coming back?

We're all OK fellas. I will put the video up once I get home so you all can see what happened. Nobody was clowning about or seeing who has the bigger balls (not that I should be explaining myself) as for me getting my knee down it was on a road I know very well and I could see any oncoming traffic for miles ahead otherwise I wouldn't of done it as I'm not one for putting other road users at danger...... Oh and Jimmy43 stop being a dick and if you have nothing constructive to say then don't say anything at all......you tw@

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

No surprise there then.
Close the door on the way out Jimmy.

Last edited:
I started reading this thread chuffed to bits for the OP as I remember popping my knee cherry, sad to see its gone pear shaped today because of a bin Lorry, the exact reason I started racing instead of road riding.

As for getting your knee down, I'll let you asses the danger of it but get those tyres warm , put your confidence in them and get your arse off the seat and knee pointed at the deck.
Obviously the best advice is save it for a trackday though,

Glad to hear no one hurt

Last edited:
Back