Which Helmet

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive loved the agv corsa. Im on my 3rd. They crash well 😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Best try some on Frank. I have a square bonce and I can't get on with AGV's although some of my mates love them cause they've got nice round "Bruce Willis" heads. Its all about the fit and I have a couple of Shuberths and BMW helmets that I love. The BMW Race helmets will be on offer the now, I'm sure I picked mine up in the John Clark sale for around ?250 instead of around ?450. Give Clarks, Motorrad Central and EK a phone to see what deals they have. At the very least you will be able to try them on for fit.

JimmyMac

Frank, forget about the brand, set yourself a budget and buy the best fitting helmet you can afford, I wear a Shark Race R Pro Carbon which apart from a slightly iffy chin strap design has been superb in every respect for 10k miles

Im with Mac on that.. thats a golden oldie...buy the best helmet you can afford..I remember reading that im Motorcycle Mechanics 1980 or something...

Sent from Galaxy S7

Im with Mac on that.. thats a golden oldie...buy the best helmet you can afford..I remember reading that im Motorcycle Mechanics 1980 or something...

Sent from Galaxy S7

Sound advice from two elder statesmen there. How does it go Stuart ? "A ten bob helmet for a ten bob head"

Thats 50 pence to the young ones on here.

JimmyMac

Lol ten bob... love it.

We've had all that on here before Jimmy.. Tanners..Guineas... and the mostest important one.... big huge thruppeny bits mmmmmmm

Sent from Galaxy S7

Best try some on Frank. I have a square bonce and I can't get on with AGV's although some of my mates love them cause they've got nice round "Bruce Willis" heads. Its all about the fit and I have a couple of Shuberths and BMW helmets that I love. The BMW Race helmets will be on offer the now, I'm sure I picked mine up in the John Clark sale for around ?250 instead of around ?450. Give Clarks, Motorrad Central and EK a phone to see what deals they have. At the very least you will be able to try them on for fit.

JimmyMac

Never seen a bmw helmet with an acu gold sticker on yet? There were none on the helmets in my bmw showroom...

ACU Gold Sticker

The ACU can supply you with a Gold Sticker if the helmet is on their list approved for racing. They charge a small fee to supply it and their email address is below.

[email protected]

With 0% finance offers from the likes of demon tweeks buy the helmet that you really want but can't afford lol. I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had shoei 's and arai's for years but earlier this year bought an agv and I'm very impressed
The vents in the summer are really good and the drop down internal visor is excellent

4fa3b999e7f97c0d8995e6638ec578d2.jpg

Always loved the look of the corsa and pista. Very very light. Only bad point is wind noise

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My last couple of helmets i had were Xlite but last month i bought an HJC Rapha its a really light lite lid and fits well just a shame the weather hasn't been better to try it out more, like others have said go and try a few on and see what fits best, i really liked the GT Air but wasn't the most comfortable fit for me

Thanks guys lots to ponder over, went into EK BMW, there is a new 2017 range on its way, that have stopped using Shuberts, still like the looks of the Shoei GT

Latest posts

Back