what's your thought on the gear

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tycos1000rr

Reaction score
bought this yesterday folks what's you thoughts ?

cheers ross
b83d7c7c5d969c3317cff4701192dd24.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the SMX Plus boots and love them. I can wear them all day, they are super comfortable.

I'm off out in a bit, on the fat GSA with new tyres to scrub in (sounds ridiculous on that bike) so hoping its dry. Cloudy and grey with a few breaks of sun every now and then. I know it's great up where you guys are when it's great, but I'm glad I live a bit further south ;).

you think rain mode is the best mode for me ? i haven't been on a bike for year and never been on the s1000rr yet

If the roads are wet then rain mode is a good place to start. Best start there and have a bit of a tinker with the modes when you are out on the bike. Just press mode until the mode you want appears then pull in the clutch to change :), you can do this on the fly.

Id leave slick alone until you are comfortable with the handling.

your gear looks great mate I have the smx plus boots too , really comfortable but squeaky as F@#k , weathers warmer but there is still a shit tonne of salt on the roads will be the middle of March before am out. rain mode would be fine mate but tbh you could use any mode , has the bike still got the limiter on?

your gear looks great mate I have the smx plus boots too , really comfortable but squeaky as F@#k , weathers warmer but there is still a shit tonne of salt on the roads will be the middle of March before am out. rain mode would be fine mate but tbh you could use any mode , has the bike still got the limiter on?

yeah it's got the limiter off pal 950 miles on the clock. what's the difference from sport and race mode ?

I think it's just less intervention from the electronics mate, plus a more responsive throttle, the 2016 bike is very different to my 2011 someone hopefully will fill you in on the differences, the 2015/16 has much more adjustment.

Hi Tyco, the roads are still a bit slippy even when they seem dry, keep it in rain until you get your tyres scrubbed in and the weather is better. At the end of the day who knows what its in you'll still be the coolest biker North of Stonehaven. I was out yesterday on my HP and stayed in rain for half an hour then in Sport fro the rest of the day. TC was cutting in a bit when I was opening it up on some straights but thats what its there for. I never went into race as it switches my ABS Pro off, not sure about the new bikes?

It will take a little time to get used to such a beautiful monster that you have, relax, enjoy and accept the admiring looks you will get from all the quines.

Your gear looks spot on, least you'll no get any midges on it the noo.

Take care.

JimmyMac

Hi Tyco, the roads are still a bit slippy even when they seem dry, keep it in rain until you get your tyres scrubbed in and the weather is better. At the end of the day who knows what its in you'll still be the coolest biker North of Stonehaven. I was out yesterday on my HP and stayed in rain for half an hour then in Sport fro the rest of the day. TC was cutting in a bit when I was opening it up on some straights but thats what its there for. I never went into race as it switches my ABS Pro off, not sure about the new bikes?

It will take a little time to get used to such a beautiful monster that you have, relax, enjoy and accept the admiring looks you will get from all the quines.

Your gear looks spot on, least you'll no get any midges on it the noo.

Take care.

JimmyMac

ABS Pro works in race on my 15 . SMX Plus are great boots and when they start to squeak, WD40 them , works a treat. Don't think you can go wrong with A-stars stuff , crashed in a pair of gp plus gloves and they're still wearable. Never had an A-stars suit , I wear RST which I crashed in and they were brilliant, wrecked the jacket but trousers were still ok.

Cool bike, but get it out of rain mode as soon as you can! Got mine serviced today (?134 and just an hour and a half wait which I thought was pretty good) brilliant to be back out on the S thou again, can't beat giving it a handful on the open road :)

I use race most of the time just because the throttle response feels best for me.

You've still got a big electronic safety net in Sport mode (and race mode for that matter), you'll be absolutely fine

Latest posts

Back