what's your thought on the gear

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Race mode all the way, hoping to get out myself tomorrow fingers crossed. Your bike looks mint. Love a race rep

As everyone else says, bang it in race and be smooth with the throttle until you get used to the bike.
The electronics will still still kick in if required.

aabe83eb161de5950d73108864866593.jpg

beer time folks [emoji481][emoji481]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its some set up mate , no better way to relax after the first time out on your new bike , a couple of cold ones , enjoy bud

You should have bought the Acid Green RR, it's a far nicer colour.......:welcoming:
Brill set up tho!

My thoughts on your new gear, is slightly mixed. You've got an amazing powerful bike, which has got a price tag, of not cheapness, but I'm not siding with your chose of brain coverage. AGV is not my preferred option, but I'm sure its all about preference.
Which mode to ride in. Mmm, what happened to the time we never had all the electronic package, we adjusted to our ability to ride a bike. Thats why i run my bike on slick mode. Its like adjusting your suspension, don't be afraid to experiment. The more miles you run, the better you gain ability and confidence.
No point in show casing your beauty, get out, and rid the bitch.

Just a heads up, the supercorsas are very sticky and amazing in the dry but are useless in the wet.

As for the question of riding modes Ross, everyone is different it would seem and I change mine a lot due to the conditions:
Rain mode when it's raining or the roads are slidy, like it is in the morning at this time of year.
Sport when it is cool and the roads are dry.
Race when the roads are dry and it's warm, so my Supercorsas are hot and sticky.

The bike is great fun whatever mode it is in and just use your judgement, you said you hadn't been out for a while so keep yourself safe, the last thing we need is Ibrox looking for a new supporter as well as a new manager.

You might have noticed I didn't mention Slick mode, my red key is still in its packet as I have little interest in tracking my bike and see no benefit of using it on the road.

Please dont read into this thinking I am a killjoy or a fanny about riding hard, that is far from the truth as anyone on here who has been out with me can tell you but I like to ride my bike knowing that I will be here tomorrow to do it again.

JimmyMac

is slick mode easy to install ? i did check you tube and it looks easy as i take it it's just this red chip thing
36ae6e512111499282426f6bff57057b.jpg

Ive had mine 18 mnths now and commute dailey plus some good runs on the weekend. Race mode for me 90 % of the time. If its pissibg down then rain obviously. If i want to scare myself then i have a crack in race mode. The electronics fit nice with me in race mode

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

i work month on month off so i was thinking of plugging it in when i'm away for a month

Aint gonna do any harm, saves u coming home to a flat battery. Well worth 20 quid

i bought the oxford battery optimiser 900 ?30 can't go wrong like

morning gents how's it going today ? what's the plans today ? any nice weather on the go ? looks like rain up here north of Aberdeen

Latest posts

Back