What made me smile today...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a similar experience with a mclaren SLR when i had th R1, just heard the noise could barley see it in the mirrors behind me , I pulled in to let it pass and he gunned it i kept pace then he waved & booted it smoked the rear tyres. I stayed with him up to about COUGH COUGH and got into a right pickle stopping for the roundabout sideways & he just braked with about 50m to go & sat there laughing at me! (that fucking lewis hamilton who does he think he is eh? on his way from the goodwood festival of speed) :eek:

PhilHays link=topic=485.msg8819#msg8819 date=1339489258 said:
Now you see, if you'd been on your BMW it would have been a different story....
probably would have been in more trouble on the beema, that car stops like it hits a brick wall, out braking is not an option! :'( :'(
& if iwas on the beema would have bin going a lot faster! 8) 8)

Track Day at Oulton today ..... Yes it rained ..... and hard at times !
But even without wets, it didn't stop play.

I learnt more today in the rain than I have in a long time.... Big grin... and amazed at the amount of grip actually there.

ps... only 6 brown pant moments ..... but I came home sunny side up, happy days :)

I didn't at first but I did later on when there was serious standing water on the track, so yes, I won't lie....
I had the back end all over the place at first and the DTC kept kicking in and
I found it weird if I'm honest, but I'm sure it saved my un-talented ass at least once. ::)

I've never ridden in anything like it and I'm still grinning :D

Got say though, the lads on wets looked a lot more chilled. I would love to try wets on a day like today.

1st tried wets at brands gp day, come the afternoon gradually building up confidence, i couldnt believe the amount of grip i actually had, it was awesome!, actually got my knee down (ok, i have long legs ::) )

Managed 100 miles today on kraut, sun was shining, bike was singing, twas good to be alive !!! 8) Weather forcast is a deluge for tomorrow, sat and sun.

Little 100ish mile blat on my own this morning, only 10miles from home when coming out of a dry 3rd gear left hander something distracted me. 1st time i've noticed the traction control working, didn't feel it kick in that a can speak of but the light was flashing like bugger. Nice to know it works and that i must have been trying a little bit ;)

Seeing my limiter light flash in the first 5 gears,got mine set at 13,500rpm lol I think that's why my hand is numb!

Boardsofnorfolk link=topic=485.msg9801#msg9801 date=1341172671 said:
Seeing my limiter light flash in the first 5 gears,got mine set at 13,500rpm lol I think that's why my hand is numb!
Likey :)

Johnboy link=topic=485.msg9802#msg9802 date=1341173377 said:
Boardsofnorfolk link=topic=485.msg9801#msg9801 date=1341172671 said:
Likey :)
Lol,it's rare for me,but I was chasing my mate down ;D

This weeks purchase

696672ab.jpg

My Luck....

Booked an Advanced re-test for Hertfordshire and did it yesterday, guess where all the rain was? Hertfordshire!! I did smile as I put my waterproofs on 5 minutes before the test. ;D

Essex was dry almost all day ;D

Back