What have you done to your bike today

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy cow that's some pile of tyres!!! Nice BST's too :D

Ghost ride it into the showroom - that's funny! lol

1st mot which wasnt a prob, asked about loose wheel tyre changes with the folding stuff and it was £20. I thought thats good, same as the place before i moved but it was EACH ! The place is only a 1/2 man band, that must equate to £40 ph. What do you pay for tyre changes in yr areas?

Thought it was about time I replaced the basic damper with something that would do the job. ( 2011 non adjustable now binned)
CIMG0398.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Not at all mate. He said I could have it then changed his mind because I couldn't pick It up that evening.

eBay wanker lol

Sigh of relief. Yes it was on e bay , as soon as I saw it I contacted him (Monday 22nd) saying I would pay opening price , and to my surprise he agreed. It is truly as new , willn fit it tomorrow. :peaceful:

Ha ha, I sent him a message literally 30 seconds after it went on lol.

Tbh, I'm after an HM Shifter to replace the shitty standard shift assist. I'm sure damper will be along shortly :)

tried the stickers I made out for size and fitted the Ventura rack bars I9 bought off ebay and ordered a rack .

Took the bike back to the dealer...... Again. After having the new engine fitted and run in, the engine has started to leak oil.

Took the bike back to the dealer...... Again. After having the new engine fitted and run in, the engine has started to leak oil.

Christ Hopper if you weren't having bad luck with the BM you would'nt be having any luck at all!
So where is the oil leaking from?

I know mate. It's a bloody joke. Out of the 8 months Iv owned it, it's been in the dealers for repair for over 4 of them. Oil started to leak whilst I was running the new engine in from the sump plug. Though it was a faulty sump plug washer. Just had its first service. Took it for a spin and its started to leak from the same place again. A new sump pan has now been ordered ready to be fitted next week.

Tbh, I'm going to get out of the bike and buy a 2012 model. I'm sure the one Iv currently got is jinxed lol

after a weekend of of stripping the bike down i found that alot of my bolts were rusted to fuk, so whilst putting on my new full system i also changed the header bolts got a new rad bracket and bolt, new race air filter, and after lobbing the stock zorst had a bit of clean up
thanks to matt aka flower power for the system pcv and auto tune, fook me its the dogs!!!

Virtually everything is rusting on mine, brembo discs, chain, rear footrest bolts, exhaust and I keep it pretty clean. What really pi55es me off if the corrosion on the brake pipe fittings, my old gixer did 2 full winters including snow and was in better nick after 2.5 yrs than the Beemer is after 6 months of limited use.

Latest posts

Back