What have you done to your bike today

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
see, now i know i should................... but my plate looks silly the bigger it is, ive got to take a risk on it!

Saw the thread about stone chips under the tail unit last week, so I thought I'd do a little something to my OE hugger (on my Thunder Grey bike).
Found a metal bin in WH Smiths in a matching matt black colour for just £3.50 and cut out and stuck in a bit of extra protection.
It looks brilliant, i.e. like an original BMW design/fit, rather than a tacky add-on. :smile-new:
Obviously it'll stop the stones, but I'll have to test how much crud still comes through...but then again, I'm a fair weather biker, so not worried about this so much.
Bromsgrove-20130315-00029.jpgBromsgrove-20130315-00031.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry Bananaman, you'll have to bid for it like everyone else, when i list it on eBay tomorrow :playful:

No worries. I've changed it now, just in case, but i genuinely hope he's ok.
FYI, I just had the "all clear" (whatever that means) from my hospital cancer scans this afternoon, so trust me as someone who knows, if it's something similar he really won't give a toss probably.
Many of us ride these bike cos they allow us to live life to the max...however long that is.
keep up the good work Turt, you do a good job here mate.

Saw the thread about stone chips under the tail unit last week, so I thought I'd do a little something to my OE hugger (on my Thunder Grey bike).
Found a metal bin in WH Smiths in a matching matt black colour for just £3.50 and cut out and stuck in a bit of extra protection.
It looks brilliant, i.e. like an original BMW design/fit, rather than a tacky add-on. :smile-new:
Obviously it'll stop the stones, but I'll have to test how much crud still comes through...but then again, I'm a fair weather biker, so not worried about this so much.
View attachment 95View attachment 96

That is a good idea, which I will be stealing TMW :)

Hmmmm. Maybe I should use the rest of the bin to create a Diavel style floating guard then???
Dragons Den here I come! ;)

Final fitted pcv and hp levers.
Can't find the correct map for pcv tho not many to chose from.
Want akra full race system and after market filter but they dont do that.
want to spare the bike a dyno run just yet still only 700 on the clock.

Back