What have you done to your bike today

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Replaced my V-piece that I noticed had a big hole in from a stone! Lucky it missed my rad.

photo-1_zps42686249.jpg

Trumpetman21 link=topic=1602.msg17530#msg17530 date=1356905258 said:
Fitted a carbon fibre front fender from the carbon king, fits easily and looks good to boot.

Pictures? :)

Ducky link=topic=1602.msg17531#msg17531 date=1356905541 said:
Trumpetman21 link=topic=1602.msg17530#msg17530 date=1356905258 said:
Fitted a carbon fibre front fender from the carbon king, fits easily and looks good to boot.

Pictures? :)

Here you go....

IMAG0548_zps7cd005ea.jpg

And the hugger....

IMAG0551_zps5f8d1749.jpg

Looking good there Trumpet!

Not done anything to mine over Christmas, but will start on it again now I have all the bits I needed. :)

Cheers mate, once I get a pic of the whole bike with new hugger/fender I'll post it onto the 'My bike' thread I started. Bike was in the garage with the cars backed right up to the door so couldn't get a decent pic of it.

Still can't make my mind up on the R&G rad guard though....

Pulled my bloody hair out trying to fit the new brakes (mc finally turned up).

So as the standard bmw lines don't quite fit, I'll have to have a set made up. S1 lines with panigale fittings! £££££

Spent 2 hours faffing about fitting R&G Oil/Radiator guards. Oil guard quite straight forward, but trying to get a place to cable tie the top of the radiator guard to involved a lot of swearing, skint knuckles and copious amounts of tea.
And after all that, you can hardly see them :-\

Fitted my Scottoiler and MRA screen. Removed the lower fairings and belly pan to start on fitting my ARCS system - however have to buy better sockets for the header nuts..!

jammyhl link=topic=1602.msg17779#msg17779 date=1357496791 said:
Fitted my Scottoiler and MRA screen. Removed the lower fairings and belly pan to start on fitting my ARCS system - however have to buy better sockets for the header nuts..!

The nuts on the headers are a right pain.

They are E sockets if you get the correct size and a flexy extension it makes them a little easier.
the other tip is for the radiator/ oil cooler bracket. If you split the cooler from the rad 1 bolt at each end it makes the bolt in the block easier to fit

Hopper link=topic=1602.msg17783#msg17783 date=1357502420 said:
jammyhl link=topic=1602.msg17779#msg17779 date=1357496791 said:
You need a 12 point 10mm socket either on a flexi or a wobble, if you're lucky the studs with come out as well making the job much easier :)

The nuts on the headers are a right pain.

Socket arrived yesterday. Finally got that bitch of a cat off the bike. Did help to remove the radiator bracket. What is it with these Germans? Do they not want you to work on the damn thing? My MV had about 10 Dzu's and 6 bolts and tank and bodywork were all off (at least thats how I remember it!). Tomorrow out comes the hacksaw and hopefully get the ARCS system all back in place. Guaranteed I'm going to find a spare screw or bolt ...

+1 on the rad and oil cooler getting them loose and out of the way,fitted full system a few weeks ago and getting rad and oil cooler lose and moved for more room is a must,also the bolts for the headers are not that tight to undo and i was shocked how easy they were to get lose tbh easy thing to do and if you any good with the spanners the whole job of replacing exhaust and fairings will take about hour and half max ;)

I've got plenty of excuses as to why its taking me longer, but yer absolutely right - theres nothing difficult and under 2 hours is easily doable

Latest posts

Back