What a Cock?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes phil I saw that Video the other day, is ambition certanly outweighed his ability, it looks like classic target fixation to me though?

Saw this last week as well. Very lucky to walk away from that, wonder if he'll learn from it or carry on being IMO a total cock. Not going that fast, but the corner tightened up on him and as he was in completely the wrong position on the road so he could not read it or adjust for it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has come across riders like that coming in the opposite direction, really pisses me off. I had one late last year on a replica Honda with his knee down taking a blind corner over on my side of the road, only 'cos I saw him and gave way did he not take me out. Gives bikers such bad PR when so many ride well and safely.

How he missed that car I'll never know, bet the car driver crapped himself, rider so lucky not to be injured, would have been a different ending if he had front ended the car.

becoming sensible on a bike imo mostly comes with age and accidents. Maybe if he had hit the car, it would make him more sensible in the future.

When I was 21 on my first ZX9, looking back now, I was a complete moron on the road.

Overtaking when crossing over a solid white line on the Cat & Fiddle. Definitely a cock.

It's made the local BBC news at half six, be interesting to see if he's making an appearance on there in person....

So I take it by the comments above everyone is an instructor and when out riding focus totally on body positions and road speed? Yeah right we can all talk the bullshit, his body position wasn't right, not fast enough. Blah blah
We all take risks when out riding I don't care who you are there will always be times where you get lucky!
We ride litre bikes, sometimes we push them and now and again maybe a little too far, he was just one of the unlucky ones
Just think if the car wasn't there then we would of never even seen the vid
Now go out and smash them B roads. Lol

After watching the news report I can safely say that he was indeed a cock and he's doomed, the Police are now investigating. Great way to incriminate yourself you muppet....

If that had been me in the car, with my family, he wouldn't have walked away from that.

So I take it by the comments above everyone is an instructor and when out riding focus totally on body positions and road speed? Yeah right we can all talk the bullshit, his body position wasn't right, not fast enough. Blah blah
We all take risks when out riding I don't care who you are there will always be times where you get lucky!
We ride litre bikes, sometimes we push them and now and again maybe a little too far, he was just one of the unlucky ones
Just think if the car wasn't there then we would of never even seen the vid
Now go out and smash them B roads. Lol

Well said mate

I'm slighty puzzled cus since it was his cam, on his bike - presumably he posted the footage himself cus he was proud of it?? Yeah we all take risks, even small ones and we all ride too fast sometimes but I am not in the habit of filming it!!

I must be getting/am old, you ride like that on the road you deserve what you get, take it to the track. I just feel sorry for the innocent party....

Last edited:
If the police start looking at this then he's looking at 6 points for the 2 overtakes on solid white lines. personally i never overtake on a solid white line, not worth the risk of the points or the fact that they are usually at a risk point.

He was not taking risks Doc, he was riding beyond his Ability! That is not taking risks. This Cock is the type of rider that will either hurt himself or others.

A friend of mine had a head on with another Bike in exactly the same scenario, bike comming from the opposite direction crosses onto the other side of the road and hits my friend. The riders crash helmet smashed into my friends right shoulder, my friend has permanently lost the use of his right arm. 10 years later he is still suffering but now riding again.

I wonder if the guy on this Vid will see how crap his riding is and go get some help? Or do you think he will just walk and think that was close and laugh it off.

Last edited:
becoming sensible on a bike imo mostly comes with age and accidents. Maybe if he had hit the car, it would make him more sensible in the future.

When I was 21 on my first ZX9, looking back now, I was a complete moron on the road.

I tend to agree with you on that one. We all did say things when we were younger. Nowadays not that often.

The guys a tool, fact, if you have been at the aftermath of a major bike accident you will know the devastation and trauma it can cause, a split second later and that would have been a head on with the car and probably a fatal. Anyone with half a brain cell would have looked at that footage and thought I really need to learn from that or given up not posted it on the net.

Dangerous driving will be the result taking into account all the incidents leading up to the accident. If the car had to take avoiding action then he could get a ban.

Latest posts

Back