Wee Update

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malky

Reaction score
Haven't posted much as to be honest with you, I haven't had much to say !. However, after having picked the bike up on 23 November last year, it spent all of the winter up until three weeks ago in the garage not turning a wheel. But even here in Scotland the weather has improved, so have just hit over 600 miles in the last three weeks and it's booked in for its first service on Friday. So what's to like and not like after years of Fireblades and R1s.
Negatives:
Lack of adjustibilty in brake lever, both front and rear. Following on from that, they may as well not fit a back brake as it is pretty crap. I realise some might say why do you need one, but I like to use it in slow traffic when filtering and for U turns etc.
All the electronic gizmos are great, but can be a bit complicated to work out unless you have the handbook in front of you. or maybe that's me just being a thick Jock.
Positives:
Front brakes are immense.
Suspension great, even though I'm just over 15 stone, haven't changed it from bog standard settings and it's perfect for my large carcase.
Power delivery is great, seems so smooth and not had a 'moment' yet
Very comfy, lots better than my last Blade and on a par with my R1
It looks the mutts nuts when parked up and lots of folks from the bike club I'm in can't stop taking pics of it.

So overall, and I know most people say this about their present bike, but after 32 years of riding bikes, this is truly the best thing I have ridden on two wheels. I just wish I had waited and gone for the HP4, but no worries.
As for the rear wheel issue with free play etc. I check it after every ride and don't seem to have any issue with mine at all, although I will ask them to check it on Friday at its service.
Any who, thanks for reading and best regards fae Bonnie Scotland

nice little write up mate. I have just changed from a blade and apart from dodgy switchgear problems,I am very impressed.I didn't think it was possible to have a smoother engine than the blade, but yep here it is. :)

Back