Vibrations

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GixxerChuck

Forum Vendor
Reaction score
Is it just me or is it very buzzy between around 4000 and 7000 RPM?
A right pain in 30 40 and 50 limits

Depending on things like bar weights, yes most get vibe's from 4-6k and agreed it's not great. I don't think anyone has ever managed to tune it out.

I put some heavy bar end weights on my 2013 and it helped loads - my 2015 does not suffer any where near as bad. Only at 4K and very briefly - I find it quite easy to stay above that :)

I put some heavy bar end weights on my 2013 and it helped loads - my 2015 does not suffer any where near as bad. Only at 4K and very briefly - I find it quite easy to stay above that :)
I ride into central London on it daily so in the wrong range all the time. Where do I get heavier bar end weights?

I ordered a set of heavy ones from throttle meister (http://throttlemeister.com/applications.html). I wanted something that would give my right wrist a rest (medical issue) on motorways. I paid a fortune for them after postage and import tax! Im sure there are cheaper normal weights out there. But they did a great job at stopping the vibes. I would sell them on if anyone is interested?

Did a decent length run on mine today, 2 hours of motorways and mixture of A roads. My hands were numb at some points because of the vibes, difference between 70mph and 80mph is night and day on my bike, 80+ seems to be fine, sitting at 85 with cruise control was almost vibe free.

At one point I was on the M3 in the 50mph average speed camera zone and I had to keep swapping hands (oo-er), it is a very buzzy bike. But to be fair no more so than any other bike I've had, just seems to be in the most used engine rev zones and more noticeable because of this.

Changed to the decat pipe on mine and it has made a noticeable reduction to the vibes at 4-5k rpm for some reason.

Latest posts

Back