Valve clearance service

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMAC77

Reaction score
Well I’m at the point of the big service. Just hit 16k so as the service is due I’ve booked in for everything. Off to sell a kidney :)

I just get them to check the valves and change the plugs while they are there (coolant too). costs about half of the full deal.
fork oil due too can do yourself fairly easily,
mines had 3 big ones now, not had a shim changed yet

I just get them to check the valves and change the plugs while they are there (coolant too). costs about half of the full deal.
fork oil due too can do yourself fairly easily,
mines had 3 big ones now, not had a shim changed yet
Hi Mike,
I'm at 18k too for my Gen 3, I've just changed the oil and fitted a Stahlbus oil drain valve and parked the valve check service for another 1000 miles until I've sold a kidney too. I looked at YouTube on changing the DDC fork oil, I've done straight forward forks before, but these DDC forks looked mega challenging, even just to get them apart needing special tools etc. Any advice, tips or tricks - special tools needed?

mine aren't ddc, but you need a spring compressor, and the oil level syringe tool, also some h plates to hold spring once compressed, i've also got a threaded rod to pull damper rod up and down. generally don't need to split the leg out ie bolt at the bottom. there is some plastic bushing which can cover the peg holes a bit confusing and the spring spacers are plastic which is weird, ive done mine twice now and a mates, use genuine bmw fork oil

Back