Sat Nav Wiring

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Trying to wire up a new Sat Nav cradle for my R, got some questions about the wiring.

My 2020 R (but assume same wiring as a Gen 3) has a BMW cradle for a BMW Navigator Sat Nav. The cradle has broken, and as I have a Zumo these days anyway I thought I'd changed the mount as Garmins now use use a 2 pin setup for power instead of the BMW 16(ish?) pin. The Zumo came with wiring for bikes, as shown in the middle of the pic below (note 2 wires). I could wire it all the way to the battery, but I want to use the wiring loom in the front left hand side of the bike, as shown in the 2nd pic, hence I think I need the Plug and Play loom from Nippy Norman.

The Plug and Play loom has 3 wires, so I'm trying to understand how all this would go together.

The 2nd picture shows how the BMW cradle is currently wired into the bike. As you can see at the top two wires some out of the 'junction box' (or whatever it is called) and connect to the top connector in the loom (red outline). The second wire from the junction box goes into the lower connector (blue outline).

Does anyone know how this all goes together - do the Garmin wires both go into the larger connector at the top/what happens to the 3rd wire?

Cheers

Attachments

• Sat Nav wiring.PNG
    Sat Nav wiring.PNG
    82 KB · Views: 0
  • Current wiring.PNG
    Current wiring.PNG
    641.5 KB · Views: 0
Back