Part For Sale Gen 3 Comfort Seat for Sale

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part For Sale

Billo01

Reaction score
Comfort seat removed from my Gen 3.

Great condition, free from any rips, splits or tears. £180 including P&P to UK only.

Any questions, I'd be happy to help.
6.jpg7.jpg

Comfort seat removed from my Gen 3.

Great condition, free from any rips, splits or tears. £180 including P&P to UK only.

Any questions, I'd be happy to help.
View attachment 5183View attachment 5184

What are your thoughts on this sea are they worth the money? I missed out on yours, and was bidding on one on eBay yesterday, but got outbid at the last minute.

BMW want £268 for one, but unsure whether it's worth paying that much for one.

Same for me Kenny, so interested in the answer.
I've been wondering about the Wunderlich Active comfort seat (£299!) for the Gen 4, which gives me an extra 15mm. For me, I'm comparing the Gen 4 to the Gen 2 and I'm wondering if the Gen 4 pegs are slightly further towards the rear of the bike vs Gen 2.

What's driving your question Kenny, is it height (I'm 6"2) or comfort on longer rides? I've easily done 300 miles in a day on the std Gen 4 seat, but didn't enjoy it on track. I think Alex was thinking the same at some point, have you made any decisions Alex?

FWIW, I preferred the BMW Comfort seat over the Sargent seat I had later on the Gen3.
£268 seems decent for a new complete seat.

Don't forget to look for S1000R as well as RR.

I have a Wunderlich Aktive Comfort on the K67, it was decent for my tour up north but on track I think I was too high to be comfortable. I think I prefer being more 'in' the bike, just like Toprak :D. The jury is out, I could be convinced to let the Wunderlich seat go. Lets face it I will probably go full track conversion soon...

Last edited:
First thing I did was swap out the M-Sport wooden bench for the standard seat. The bike is hard enough on the road without adding a plank for a seat. You won’t notice the difference on short(ish) hops - say 60 miles. But, spend any time touring and the cost will repay itself every time.

FWIW, I preferred the BMW Comfort seat over the Sargent seat I had later on the Gen3.
£268 seems decent for a new complete seat.

Don't forget to look for S1000R as well as RR.

I have a Wunderlich Aktive Comfort on the K67, it was decent for my tour up north but on track I think I was too high to be comfortable. I think I prefer being more 'in' the bike, just like Toprak :D. The jury is out, I could be convinced to let the Wunderlich seat go. Lets face it I will probably go full track conversion soon...
And you said you were going to keep it ready for road :). 15mm really made a difference for you? As I said earlier I was OK with std seat getting to Anglessey, but not at all happy on track - it just felt like i could not stand on pegs to move body like I am used to on Gen 2. Trying to decide if it's height, pegs too far back, or whether to get into the ***** gym and stop complaining :).
I spoke to Hicky at the bike show in Feb and asked him what he did. He laughed and said that his 'short arse' team mate had lower pegs than him...

Last edited:
My knees hate being bent beyond 90...so every little helps on a long tour when you're not moving much. What I did forget is the cycling shorts so my ass still couldn't cope being in the saddle 6hrs. It's no armchair but I think the lift helped.

Hi Guys,
I brought the seat that was for sale here, mainly with the intention of using it when riding for multiple days back to back.
I tried it on a local ride, I could definitely tell the difference on my arse! I also felt like I was sat much more on top of the bike, legs not bent so much.
The only thing I’m not too keen on is the slightly disconnected feeling compared to the stock seat. That being said, I’m certain it will be great for long weekends ect, and I’ll get used to the way it feels.

I’m about 6ft 2. Bad knees but fairly fit 🤣

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I'll just get a new one from BMW. They can get one in overnight for me, to Inverness.

I'm desperately trying to justify keeping the RR. Going away for a few nights next week, with my mates, going to do the nc500 and then see what the weather's like, maybe carry on down the west coast for a night or 2 as well. If I'm not feeling it on the RR, it might push me to change the bike for something a bit more up right.

Back