Faulty strut

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve940

Reaction score
Evening all..just a quickie people..I've just replaced my battery with a lithium one,fired up perfect,but after a couple of seconds it give me error message "adjustment strut faulty"
2020 s1000rr.... turned off and on but exactly the same message pops up...can't be a coincidence can it ?? It's in for mot and service in 2 weeks...bike has over 1 years warranty so should be repaired refardless,but would be nice to sort myself if it's something silly I've done or not

On Gen 3's if the battery terminals were not tight enough it would cause the lean angle indicator to disappear. So the first thing I'd check is are the battery terminals really tight?

Just had a friend with some handheld plug in...seems going from gel.to lithium ill need to re programm the bike...battery is spiking upto 16v and then displaying message...I'll ring local bike garage see if they can do it as I'm putting new tyres on..if not I'll go to bmw boldon first..99% sure this is the problem

On Gen 3's if the battery terminals were not tight enough it would cause the lean angle indicator to disappear. So the first thing I'd check is are the battery terminals really tight?
I did check these and seemed good...I'll.take it in tomorrow

Which Lithium? My Shido's never did that (spiking). Doesn't sound right.

Quick update...put old battery back on bike and everything is back to normal..spoke with bmw and they said no coding...I still.wasnt 100% so phoned Phil crowe racing for a bit of advise...he backed up the no code needed and had a client with similar issue...diffrent battery and all OK.. it seems some battery just dont agree with some bikes..no real explanation,that many electronics involved it just can happen..supplier of lithium battery agreed after a quick message or two so a new lithium on route as soon as I return this one...got my optimiser on original battery for now ans that's working just fine..hiepthis little thread helps somebody In the future

Latest posts

Back