UK Noise Limits With An Akra Full System

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm considering upgrading my K67 to a full Akra (stainless headers, titanium can) system, but am concerned that the increased noise levels may mean that the bike doesn't pass noise testing in the UK.

Regardless of what the vendors of these systems say, I was wondering whether the forum members have any practical experience on this for "normal" UK trackdays?

1) If you have one of these systems, does your bike typically pass noise testing without a baffle, or does it need a baffle in to get through?
2) If you use a baffle, how much does this restrict performance? Do you still get more than with a stock exhaust?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide....

CJC

I have Full Akra system titainum been fitted since new. It has never failed noise test nor ride by and never fitted a baffle.

Goes through noise test without baffle its never failed even at Brands.

Do you actually need an aftermarket pipe to better your track day lap time, or will it just make more noise ?
Different tracks apply different rules. Most liberal to most strict Anglesey, Cadwell, Donington (loud day), Croft, Oulton, Mallory, Bedford. No idea about Knockhill, Brands or Snetterton. Castle Combe say on their web site which std. pipes will fail

Do you actually need an aftermarket pipe to better your track day lap time, or will it just make more noise ?
Different tracks apply different rules. Most liberal to most strict Anglesey, Cadwell, Donington (loud day), Croft, Oulton, Mallory, Bedford. No idea about Knockhill, Brands or Snetterton. Castle Combe say on their web site which std. pipes will fail
Recently did two days on the bounce at Cadwell and they barely even did a noise test, Pulled up rev to 5.5 he went passed Lol. 3 of us on Gen 4s none of us run baffle's all with Akra Systems. I find Snet tame too. Always found Brands the most strict on drive by, but I've never been stopped

Need, no. Like the noise and weight loss, yes.
I don't know how much that exhaust system would cost but I'd rather pay for some personal tuition and go faster.
Loud + not on lap record pace = not very good (buy a CB500 instead)
Fast + quiet = excellent
IMO of course :)

Fail Brands (92) and Donington (98) drive by limits without a baffle.

K67, arrow stainless headers, Akra ti can.

Can’t be arsed with the messing about anymore. Baffle stays in.

I don't know how much that exhaust system would cost but I'd rather pay for some personal tuition and go faster.
Loud + not on lap record pace = not very good (buy a CB500 instead)
Fast + quiet = excellent
IMO of course :)
Yes, agree your point about tuition (and my strategy for a long time too).

This is the first time I’ve even considered any form of aftermarket exhaust. I reckon that losing 5kgs off the bike (and some off me) will make it even easier to pass those red wheelbarrows which have sprung up. Sometimes they wobble through the corners and rely on bike performance up the straights.

Latest posts

Back