Traction and abs retrofit

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powders

Reaction score
Hi

Im new to this just picked up my 2011 s1000rr 2 days ago
My bike doesn't have tc or abs but I've seen loads of units for sale on eBay quite cheap
So can I add these items on or is it not as straight foreward
Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks

Just had a few thoughts on the subject.I would imagine you would need a different wiring loom,l/h switch gear,possibly clutch switch,abs pump and new lines,abs rings/sensors etc,dtc angle sensor plus more items that I haven't thought of!.
If you managed to sort it,you would then need to have the ecu re-calibrated by a bmw dealer.
In other words,you are probably better off putting up with what you've got or replace it with a dtc/abs bike.

Please note,this is only my opinion!!.Just trying to help!

I know of someone who did exactly this on an Aprilia Tuono which was a non APRC model, it was a LOT of work, but he managed to get it working.

Not sure if anyone has done the same on a BMW, but as the OP said, it would be much easier to get a bike with all of the above already fitted.

Unless you prefer working on bikes to riding them of course ;-)

Dealers I spoke to in 2011 said the only bikes they had sold without the DTC /ABS were for track use. They also said the extra cost of the extras was reflected at resale time.

Back