Tracking App for phone

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_maz

Reaction score
Does anyone use any apps that track you're route? I heard of one a while back that recorder you're speed at each part of the journey.

There are various ones on App Store, but looking to see if anyone has any opinions on using them.

Preferably one that doesn't need to use the phones data.

Pirelli Diablo SBK, tracks speed, route, lean angles etc but they all use at least your phones GPS so for longer rides you will need power.... Most phones also track your location if that's the only thing you want....

Pirelli Diablo SBK, tracks speed, route, lean angles etc but they all use at least your phones GPS so for longer rides you will need power.... Most phones also track your location if that's the only thing you want....

Yeah, was just to track the route. Just like to look back at where I have been, as I've been out many times and taken a random turn and came across a good road and not really remembered where it was. Good for sharing it with people to.

To use the GPS, does that require using the data allowance? As in can it be used abroad?
Cheers

Pirelli piss me off with the app.
You can only register with FB. As the standard form won't complete. But when it registers via FB it demands you friend and like list. Theres no fing way they need that level of detail.

Pirelli piss me off with the app. You can only register with FB. As the standard form won't complete. But when it registers via FB it demands you friend and like list. Theres no fing way they need that level of detail.

Nah, to hell with that. Get enough crap popping up on Facebook And emails as it is.

Google maps can be set to track where you've been, on Android at least. I assume that Apple haven't made them nobble that on iDevices.

GPS receives signals from GPS satellites, in much the same way an FM radio receives broadcasts. This in itself does not use mobile data. However, a small amount is used to get a quicker and/or more accurate fix through AGPS if enabled.

On an iOS device go to Settings, Privacy, Location Services, scroll to bottom and select system services, scroll down again and select frequent locations, then select any of the locations listed to see your complete visit history with dates and times.... Scary huh!

On an iOS device go to Settings, Privacy, Location Services, scroll to bottom and select system services, scroll down again and select frequent locations, then select any of the locations listed to see your complete visit history with dates and times.... Scary huh!

Cheers mate. Didn't know that. As you say tho, it is scary how we can be tracked now!

Latest posts

Back