Trackers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helrazzer

Reaction score
I'm a little concerned about trackers
i just looked at my tracking information and I may have exceeded speed limit a few times
i didn't realise speed is displayed
can it be accessed by authorities?
if so ,then I'm worried as I only got it to help if it is stolen
and how many will not have one because of this?
Big brother is here!!!

I think you can "disable" the speed function... :single_eye:

But the times you did go fast was on a private road..... right?

They'd have to know you have one fitted to even start the process of getting historical data.
Had a quick look at BikeTrac, do I need the GPX file and to register on OpenStreetMap to import it?

Unfortunately they can tell what road and what time u were doing whatever speed��
I can't see a speed disable function but even if there was ,with a bit of math it's easy to work out speed
and it's a bike track, fitted by bmw
i had it fitted to get bike back if stolen ,but if information can be accessed by outside authorities then I might have to have it removed ��

Unfortunately they can tell what road and what time u were doing whatever speed��
I can't see a speed disable function but even if there was ,with a bit of math it's easy to work out speed
and it's a bike track, fitted by bmw
i had it fitted to get bike back if stolen ,but if information can be accessed by outside authorities then I might have to have it removed ��

They'd need a warrant to get anything - I'd ask BikeTrac/check the terms and conditions. Data Protection should protect you. It's not like an insurance tracker which continuously relays data to the insurers to see how, where and when you drive for an active policy.

I've just spoken to road angel they told me no outside party can access information

Thanks for checking.
I was fairly sure that was the case - pretty much you'd have to be under arrest and accused of fleeing a murder to give the police grounds to get a warrant for the data and again they'd have to know you have the thing!
Its the camera footage you need to be careful with.

Last edited:
If you log into your account on Road Angel there is a specific option to turn on and off this option. Click on the Launch Tracking screen circle, click on the circle showing where your bike is currently located. Then click the edit details. Within this screen there is a box to tick or untick marked Record Speeds for History Display. Untick this and then click on save in the bottom right corner. Your historic speeds are no longer recorded so you can't be prosecuted retrospectively.

Last edited:
If you log into your account on Road Angel there is a specific option to turn on and off this option. Click on the Launch Tracking screen circle, click on the circle showing where your bike is currently located. Then click the edit details. Within this screen there is a box to tick or untick marked Record Speeds for History Display. Untick this and then click on save in the bottom right corner. Your historic speeds are no longer recorded so you can't be prosecuted retrospectively.

+1 - My kind of option !!

get a TLT2-F from ebay for about 35quid and stick a ?5/month GiffGaff simcard in there. it will send you text messages when the bike is moved etc. and you cand send it texts to see its still where you left it.

The others on the market are just a cheaper and less effective alternative in my opinion. "Bike Trac combines GPS, GSM, GPRS, RF and movement technology to record and relay (in real time) itsposition to the Bike Trac central servers at pre-defined intervals".
Is a SIM card etc going to give that information whilst stuck in a shipping container. Also they will work with the authorities to get your bike back. Here in the UK that might not be so much of a problem but if your bike is traveling across borders on its way to Eastern Europe how difficult is it going to be to relay live locations to the police. The UK police have equipment which will pick up the signals once a stolen report is activated and then can then try and locate the stolen bike/car using live tracker information. Ultimately bike Trac is designed to help recover your bike if it is stolen. I am not sure if the others will achieve this as well.

Stick a biketrac in a metal box, how's it going to relay it's position in real-time??
It will likely also be using an embedded sim card and relaying on mobile network coverage to transmit location.

Stick a biketrac in a metal box, how's it going to relay it's position in real-time??
It will likely also be using an embedded sim card and relaying on mobile network coverage to transmit location.

Mine reports fine from inside my Secure a Bike safe (2mm steel sheet). Knowing what a Faraday cage is, I have no idea how though!

Latest posts

Back