Track Bike finished at last - Pics and mods

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing looking bike and some fantastic mods - obviously no expense spared!! Im back down at HM Racing on Thurs to have Ohlins TTX rear shock and Ohlins 30mm front fork cartridge kit fitted and im also having their Quickshifter fitted too. Im at Snetterton on Sunday so will be good to try it all out.

Amazing looking bike and some fantastic mods - obviously no expense spared!! Im back down at HM Racing on Thurs to have Ohlins TTX rear shock and Ohlins 30mm front fork cartridge kit fitted and im also having their Quickshifter fitted too. Im at Snetterton on Sunday so will be good to try it all out.

TBH I think the suspension change made the biggest difference, feedback much improved, maybe just a personal confidence thing but thats what makes it all work. I set the QS at 50% sensitivity and 65ms kill time. This seemed to work best.....for me.
Let us know what you think.

Regards
Davy

Last edited:
TBH I think the suspension change made the biggest difference, feedback much improved, maybe just a personal confidence thing but thats what makes it all work. I set the QS at 50% sensitivity and 65ms kill time. This seemed to work best.....for me.
Let us know what you think.

Thats interesting about your settings for the QS - can i ask - are you an aggressive gear changer or more gentle etc - its just im trying to guage which category i fall into and i think i am usually more aggressive, esp when im dialled in and on it. What do you need to consider when making the settings?? Or is it all trial and error? Maybe i will start with your settings as a base mark and go from there?? Thanks for the info though Davy.

Thats interesting about your settings for the QS - can i ask - are you an aggressive gear changer or more gentle etc - its just im trying to guage which category i fall into and i think i am usually more aggressive, esp when im dialled in and on it. What do you need to consider when making the settings?? Or is it all trial and error? Maybe i will start with your settings as a base mark and go from there?? Thanks for the info though Davy.

To be honest it's a bit of trial and error. I would say I'm a less aggressive gear changer and I still use conventional shift direction, however as I become excited i'm probably a bit more aggressive. One thing to remember is to ensure you do not leave your foot on the lever as this confuses the QS a little and can lead to awkward changes, this is where the sensitivity setting comes in to play. I think you should try my settings to start with but they are not that far away from the recommended settings from what I remember, slightly lower on sensitivity and a slight increased time in power cut.

Regards
Davy

Davy, am i right in thinking that with the HMR QS that you keep the throttle fully twisted open and just press up on the gear lever to change up (i also use conventional shift) - and that you dont have to momentarily shut off the power at the moment of change??

Davy, am i right in thinking that with the HMR QS that you keep the throttle fully twisted open and just press up on the gear lever to change up (i also use conventional shift) - and that you dont have to momentarily shut off the power at the moment of change??

That's the idea but habit kicks in and sometimes I back off unintentionally a little.

Davy

There was an S1000RR at Brands a couple of weeks ago in the Inters and i watched him occasionally blat down the start/finish straight - and it was awesome to hear the bike changing up through the gears at full chat going "pah, pah, pah, pah" and then the occasionally pop and bang from the exhaust - he later told me he was using the HMR QS for the first time and was loving it!!

Damn - thats a shame!! Oh well, you know what they say... "one hand giveth and the other taketh away!!! I guess i would rather have a shifter that works seamlessly and has a well proven record than a bike that sounds good, occasionally!!

Latest posts

Back