Track Bike finished at last - Pics and mods

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niven770

Reaction score
Alpha Race Fairing and Seat unit - Painted and designed by Hopper - Thanks
Austin Racing Exhaust, PCV, MRA DB screen, Ohlins forks, Ohlins shock, BST Carbon Wheels, Carbon Tank Cover, AP Rearsets, GB Racing crash protection, HM Quick Shifter, Davinci - S Racing Dash (built in GPS for lap timing), Harris Clip ons, Renthal Medium Grips, AC Schnitzer levers, Rizoma front sprocket cover, Alpha Racing switch set and quick action throttle, the wires around the dash are for plugging in a datalogger and smartycam....I think thats it.
Just need some decent weather now.

Sweet dude got some serious upgrades there, but the BST Carbon Wheels are wicked. how do they compare? Is it permanently in slick mode?

With the dash you can still alter modes...so any mode you like.

As for the wheels...I must confess I haven't been out on it since I fitted them so I can't say. If you believe the blurb they make a difference but probably not until you are at the "limit" of your current wheels, where I firmly believe that I am not. I got a chance to buy them 2nd hand at a decent price along with a load of tyres so I grabbed them as I was looking for a 2nd set anyhow.

Once I've been out I'll post the differenced I feel from the wheels.

Davy

wow , some top of the range bits on there niven fair play shes looking good

Thanks for the nice comments, regarding a baffle I do not have any issues at Knockhill and the limit is supposed to be 105db, I do have a db killer with the exhaust but have not needed to use it yet. To be honest I do not think it is that loud, maybe i'm going deaf in my old age.

Expenditure, no she has no idea.

Regards
Davy

Again, like Hoppers, absolutely stunning, A fantastic look for the BM. Could you guys that have switched out the stock shifter give us some feedback after doing some mileage about the advantages etc.... Cheers.

Do you know how much you spent lol............

I know that reducing weight from the wheels will make them easier to spin and stop - I am sure they will make you smile and then tell me so I can sneak them onto my crimbo list.....an make me smile, fuckit i am smiling already.

Well done, love to see it in action.

Again, like Hoppers, absolutely stunning, A fantastic look for the BM. Could you guys that have switched out the stock shifter give us some feedback after doing some mileage about the advantages etc.... Cheers.

The stock shifter works on the coils I believe where the HM shifter works on the fuel to cut the engine power. The beauty of the HM is that you can adjust the sensitivity and the duration of the "cut" in power. Once you get it set up properly it leads to smoother shifts and less "miss" shifts. It allows you to set it up for light footed or heavy footed people if that makes sense.

Regards
Davy

NIce.

How much difference have the clip ons made? eg towards riding position?

NIce.

How much difference have the clip ons made? eg towards riding position?

It feels like you are closer to the front wheel but part of this will be due to the seat which is raised. The clip ons do not locate onto the top yoke so if you fall you will not damage the yoke, also they are wider and you can move them back and forward within reason to suit what you need. You will need to drill them if you intend to use the standard switch gear as there is a bolt that goes right through the middle of the bars.

Regards
Davy

It feels like you are closer to the front wheel but part of this will be due to the seat which is raised. The clip ons do not locate onto the top yoke so if you fall you will not damage the yoke, also they are wider and you can move them back and forward within reason to suit what you need. You will need to drill them if you intend to use the standard switch gear as there is a bolt that goes right through the middle of the bars.

Regards
Davy

Thanks what about height / slope? Any chance of some close up pics?

Thanks what about height / slope? Any chance of some close up pics?

I took some pics but they didn't really display anything meaningful.
I would say the angle down is the same but the distance and angle back to front is adjustable by turning the clip on on the fork leg. I would also say the grips are wider apart. Having the adjustability and the width appears to give a bit more control and sensation of being more over the front wheel.

Hope this helps
Davy

With the dash you can still alter modes...so any mode you like.

As for the wheels...I must confess I haven't been out on it since I fitted them so I can't say. If you believe the blurb they make a difference but probably not until you are at the "limit" of your current wheels, where I firmly believe that I am not. I got a chance to buy them 2nd hand at a decent price along with a load of tyres so I grabbed them as I was looking for a 2nd set anyhow.

Once I've been out I'll post the differenced I feel from the wheels.

Davy

Just a little reply because I said I would update.
Noise from the exhaust - not a problem - sounds great and there are a lot noisier bikes on track than mine. I have never needed to use DB killer
HM Shifter - seems better - less false neutrals once you get it set up.
Difficult to say if I notice the difference with the wheels but collectively the mods have made a difference. I'm still fine tuning and there is more to come but my lap times have improved by 3 seconds on my local track. Feedback from the front end is noticeably improved probably leading to greater confidence and hence reduced lap times. Likewise I do not even consider the tyres (slicks) where before tyres were always on my mind.
As I say better lap times to come

Regards
Davy

Last edited:
Back