To cover or not to cover

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Javlin

Reaction score
I've noticed on my 2015 rr that where my knee touches the frame the paint is rubbing off, I've done 7k miles but it's a bit disappointing, I'll speak to the dealer as it's under warranty but I'm not sure what they can do. So I was thinking that a possible solution would be to fit carbon frame covers I'd have to go with Fullsix as the panels either side of the frame were supplied by them in a Matt finish which do look great. My only reservation is that I'm not sure if sticking a carbon cover on will look right, it's not quite the same as replacing a cheap plastic panel for carbon IMO. However another benefit of fitting the covers would help reduce the heat from the frame which I do find uncomfortable especially in the summer.
So two questions first what do any of you guys think of the covers who have actually fitted them and secondly if the cost was unimportant how many of you would fit them.
Your opinions on this would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tbf my painted has thinned to the point of i can see "metal" showing through. Im toying with frame covers as well from carbon king. Will look good in thinking
903b24ac7ef912b5579f9953b7e5235c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Carbon Fibre Frame Protectors

I have a set of alpha Racing carbon fibre frame protectors fitted simply because they will help save the frame from the worst of any damage in the event of a low side. I fit them to all my track/race bikes for precisely this reason. Aesthetically they look fine but for me it's about function over form. As for any reduction in frame temperature they make hardly any difference whatsoever.

Im guessing the carbon will "scuff" with your leathers too. My frame paints quite worn to the point that I can also see the metal thru the paint. I put it down to a bit of character..

Sent from Galaxy S7

Heel Guards

I've not had any issues with the heel guard bolts marking my boots.

Latest posts

Back