Throttle...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felix

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Might just be in my head or might not be.

But, My throttle seems to take a long time to hit the power, like I need to twist a lot for power, and my front break is very spongey. I know my steering bearing is gone and going to be replaced soon, Could this effect it?

Cheers

Hi Felix, there's a few of us that need to roll the throttle on a little to make it respond. My front brake also has a bit of play before the bite but very good once it does. If its spongy then possible a bleed or change of fluid?

I think this is something the 17 has nailed. Compared to all before it. Throttle connection has no deadzone.

- Sent from Mobile

I'm almost certain it never had this problem before, It was actually after I installed my GB racing covers aha

I'm almost certain it never had this problem before, It was actually after I installed my GB racing covers aha
I'll take the pulse cover off your hands seeing as it's messing with you bike. Anything to help :joyous:

I think this is something the 17 has nailed. Compared to all before it. Throttle connection has no deadzone.

- Sent from Mobile

I've always thought the same about my 15, I think BMW's fully ride-by-wire throttles are the best in the business.

Ben, do you have a "dead zone" when opening the throttle whilst the bike is stationary, either in neutral or in gear?
Or is this something you notice whilst riding?

There is no "dead zone" I feel just feels unusual while opening like I need to twist a lot to get the power

Sounds like you're getting on it more and realising just how long the throttle travel is!

I wish you could tune the throttle as it's FBW

+1 would be great to reduce the travel.

Only way you can, sort of, do that is to have the RCK and reduce the throw that way

Latest posts

Back