Thoughts please

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason11

Reaction score
Hello guys just after some advice please.
I've seen a 2010 10 s1000rr for sale, 8500 mile fbmwsh , akro exhaust and some carbon bits, what would you say it is worth?
very good condition just serviced,mot'd and new pair of tyres.

Any help would be great, thanks Jason

Difficult to say.

I've seen them go for as low as £7000 recently and as high as £10,000.

My dealer has a couple in at moment. One is a 2010, absolutely immaculate condition, 2300(ish) miles, some extra's included but aren't on the bike at moment, they will put 12 mnths MOT and some sort of warranty with it for I believe £8900 which could probably be gotten down a bit.

I know, not really the answer you wanted, but maybe it will give you a small idea to help you out. And I know others will jump in with prices they've seen recently.

Thanks for the reply. What dealership is that at?

Its up for £8995 do you think that's good value and thoughts on the mileage?

BMW Cotswold in Gloucester. They had it up at £9000 something but were going going to drop it just under the 9k mark last time I was in there, so thats why I believe it would be at £8900ish. It's Acid Green so it's been sat there awhile.

In my experience of my 2011, 10,000 miles seems to be a sore point in things needing doing.

Personal opinion, £9000 for a 2010 with that many miles seems high. Depends on the condition when seen in person and the extra's with it.

Also have a hunt online for the book price if you can find it. I asked other day at an independant dealer I've bought my bikes from for years, and the trade in price for my 2011 Sport if it had 7500 miles on would be between 7200-7500 dependant on condition. Thats ignoring any extra's

Again, wait for a couple more lads to chime in with what they've seen recently.

edit: Just a quick clance on ebay seems between 8-9k is the right price. But there are some 2011 with less miles for slightly less than the one your looking at.

Bought my 2010 with 2700 miles on it for 8200 just before Christmas. It was a private sale though. Has akro stubby, hp levers, new tyres and full BMW service history.

Bought my 2010 with 2700 miles on it for 8200 just before Christmas. It was a private sale though. Has akro stubby, hp levers, new tyres and full BMW service history.

Now that seems like a good deal because of the low miles.

Ah I've seen that one 9700miles £8295.

Yeah I see what you mean keeping it a few years it's gonna deprecate with miles and also the fact of age aswell, think i might go back to the drawing board then

But you'll be enjoying it, that's what matters. You can't put a price on enjoyment. You will always buy a bike, and it will always get older and out miles on (assuming you ride it). Might aswell have something worth it.

I bought an Audi S3 two years ago, took it round Germany (nurburgring) Belgium, holland, France in one year. The next down to Switzerland to do the alps and into Italy (stelvio pass). Sold it in December, lost 2grand. But it was worth it!! Haha

Yeah I know mate, I just think about getting the best for the money I can.
I've seen a thread on here about a grands worth of extras with one is that just on new deals?

I'm in a muddle at the mo, do I get this one or wait and get something newer with less miles :/

Yeah I know mate, I just think about getting the best for the money I can.
I've seen a thread on here about a grands worth of extras with one is that just on new deals?

I'm in a muddle at the mo, do I get this one or wait and get something newer with less miles :/

I think the MY14 bikes will have ddc as an option like the s1000r does, but I'm speculating. But if they do the existing model will see a value drop. The cheapest time to buy a bike is at the beginning of winter, the opposite is the case at the beginning of spring. So if you are only interested in a bargain you've likely got a long wait. Buy from bmw dealer, pay extra for piece of mind warranty, buy private, buy cheaper. Bikes are usually priced the way they are for a reason. I'd steer well clear of anything that's been heavily modded. I'd also be mindful of how badly they suffer winter riding.

for me biking is dangerous enough as it is, buying a second hand bike off someone privately where you have no idea about what's been done to it to save a few quid could be the last purchase you make. The exception would be long term forum members here who look after their bikes properly and keep them in perfect condition.

Quite a few being traded for new super nakeds, may be the odd bargain to come.

Yeah I know it's the wrong time of year but if I don't sort something now I may aswell wait till winter and prices fall !

Would you say 8500k is to many although with the extras or should I wait for a lower mileage one standard?

help lol

If I were looking for a used one I would scour every add I could find, mcn, bike trader, gum tree, e bay, ex and mart etc, would look for low mileage immaculate bike not heavily moded, would also consider putting a wanted add in the popular bike press as there must be people out there being offered poor trade in values for their pride and joy at the moment.

Yeah I have been, this seems to have what i would want fitted only thing I'm worried about is the mileage for re sale etc?

As a potential buyer of a used S1000RR, I have to ask you...do a lot of added mods scare you or put you off from buying a used S1000RR?

I have been debating parting out mine or selling it as is.

My bike is a 2010 and just broke 9000 mile range. One owner, me. My price range is near what you have seen posted here with my mods.

List of parts:

- LSL rear sets
- LSL frame, fork sliders
- GB racing engine covers
- Austin Racing full carbon belly pan
- OZ Piega Gold wheels
- Power Commander 5 (tuned at BSD)
- Full Leo Vince exhaust
- Ohlins steering damper
- Alpha Racing quick throttle with Renthal grips
- Extra set of silver stock fairings
- Austin Racing levers
- MRA Double bubble
- Carbon shroud/badge holder
- PSOFF flush front indicators
- Stock color passenger seat cover
- Indicator stock blank covers
- Cox Racing radiator/oil guards
IMG_3692.jpg

Quick look on auto trader there's a private 12 plate with just over 3k miles for 9200, its a red black and white one with one owner, bit of haggling may get you a result. A few on there I would veiw but I would be prepared to take some time and travel for the right bike.

Nice looking bike mate, no I wouldn't say it would put me off BUT I would want the standard bits and I reckon a few others would too so you have that option.

My main question is the mileage I normally try and find something lower the better for resale it seems quite a few 2010 have around the 10k now though !

Btw I'd want a Motorsport colour scheme :( good luck tho and I'm sure you won't have a issue selling it

Wild Pete, mods would appeal if they were ones that I wanted like a pipe, adjustable levers etc, performance mods would put me off and I would always give full details to my insurers and if they bumped the premium too much I wouldn't buy the bike.

There's an 11 plate motorsport one on autotrader 5300 miles for £8200.

Is there ? I've just been on and not seen it?

Would you agree then mate 8500miles is on the high side ?

Latest posts

Back