That dreaded moment

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vro551

Reaction score
Hi everyone, after 13 years had our first accident. just ran over some water and immediately we were throw down the road tossing and tumbling. Fortunately for us we didnt hit anything, even our helmets are intact. Got a sore wrist, rib cage and a swollen ankle, a road rash on parts of our bodies.
The bike ended up a wall, subframe bent, seats broken, rear cowl completely gone, pillion foot peg snapped, clip on bent, 2 side panels scuffed, can sqaushed, the rest looks fine. All right hand side. Frame, suspensions, engine etc aren't damaged , there is an engine cover the is scratched , the one infront of the clutch one

Looking for parts, its a 2015 in bmw motorsport colours (white-blue-red).

Any advice were can start looking.

Re: That dreaded mument

Glad you are ok and relatively unscathed.

I did see a full M/Sport kit on eBay the other day. You could buy a complete kit and then store the rest just-in-case or sell on the worst bits...

Also I have pillion pegs that I don't need, but be warned they are the Gen1 angle iron jobbers.

Thanks guys. are the parts prices at the bwm dealers standard or its better to shop around?

There is a full set of road fairings for a 2015-2016 in motorsports available on Facebook ?900 for the lot (inc lights etc)

Would you like me to further delve and find the chaps details for you?

Well i have seen the listing yet, going through over 26k items. would rather buy what I need, i already got several accessories and parts that are there on the shelves.

Sorry to hear about your excursion with the tarmac, sound like you came away not too bad. :). On the bits, dealers generally will have standard pricing, you could try one of our forum vendors (AJ or Lind) to see if they'll do any better pricing for you?

Thanks have sourced most of the expensive and common stuff from here and ebay, the rest will have to be from a dealer but will have a word with these 2 first. Thanks
The search keeps on going lol

Glad you two are ok Vro, good luck on the repairs and get straight back on it, don't dwell on what if.

Take care.

JimmyMac

Glad your ok mate, I believe your the one talking to me on whatsapp about the exhaust. Let me know and hope a speedy recovery.

yes felix is me. Just taking stock of what i need to replace. By the way are the pillion pegs the same for all models?

Really sorry to hear this, thankfully you guys are ok'ish. Hope the bike soon gets fixed. Be safe

I now have some spares

Obviously the Austin
OEM rear sets
OEM mirrors
OEM belly pan
OEM front and rear mudguard

i am still thinking about your AR, the bloody side panels are bloody expensive, might be tempted to get them repaired but dont want to skip on quality. Checked the main frame and its undamaged. Will your full system require any further mods to the fuelling etc, cause right now i dont anymore unpleasant surprises.

the parts list keeps on getting smaller, after 3 days of intensive ebay search. guess the big bomb is the AR exhaust!!!!

Latest posts

Back