Stompgrip Vs Techspec Tankpads?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavey

Reaction score
Anyone tried both? Which has more grip? I've always used Stompgrip which do the job, but wondering if I should be considering Techspec for my new bike? Hmmmm any thoughts?

I use the tech spec snake skinz and they are very grippy, quality product. I have never used the stompgrip ones so cant compare.

I had the tech spec on my last bike & stomps on the S1000RR. As above the stomps are a bit more grippy - I think they may wear the leathers a bit more than the tech-spec.

They both grip well.My personal preference are tech spec,in various designs,as the stompgrips will scuff your leathers(you wouldn't notice on mine!).
R&G are also quite good,with the advantage,if your anal,is you can get some small bmw logo's to fit in place of the R&G logo!

Stompgrips

I've always used Stompgrips and they perform exactly as advertised.

I had the techspecs on my gixxer and loved them, but I've gone for clear stompgrips on the BMW purely because of the "RR" graphic that would otherwise be covered up. Techspec did send me a template and told me to draw a line and return and they would make a custom to avoid the graphic but I never got around to it. It's obviously a problem unique to the 15/16 model msport colours. Has anyone else with this model already got around this with techspecs?

Always had stomps and pleased with them. This year bought some cheap ones from china/hongkong , 2 sets actually as they were so cheap and are equally as good.

Thanks guys...much appreciated ;) ...doesn't seem to be a drastic difference between the two so i think i'll stick with what i know and order the stomps! :)

Latest posts

Back