Spain track days - what rubber?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pirelli Supercorsa SP

Yes, you can use tyre warmers with Pirelli Supercorsa SP tyres. Just remember that they are a more road orientated performance tyre so do not push them too hard.

Re: Pirelli Supercorsa SP

Yes, you can use tyre warmers with Pirelli Supercorsa SP tyres. Just remember that they are a more road orientated performance tyre so do not push them too hard.
Ry thanks for that, but i dont think ill ever have the skills to out ride the SPs :(

Im hoping my experience with slicks is a good one - in not after shaving time off, i'd like to see what confidence i can find in them from their feedback and grip - every day's a school day eh!

I would strongly advise as hard as your ability let's you, the track is very abrasive.
We did a 0 in 1 session doing 1.42 laps
2 rear 1 front possibly.
34 front 24 rear hot
Not liable for any crashing though, take advice at own risk

That why i run super softs 😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Been offered a set of Dunlop 212 for ?199 - not to sure how hard/soft they are but have some postive reviews

Tyres are very personal, unfortunately its expensive finding out which complements your riding. Pirelli offer best front end feel.
Dunlop will give you more laps for your money.

Been offered a set of Dunlop 212 for ?199 - not to sure how hard/soft they are but have some postive reviews
Thats a very good price.

I've used a few treaded and slick tyres in Spain (and UK). Tyres are a personal choice, I love Dunlops and my mate thinks they're too expensive and prefers Metzeler.

I'm of the same mind as Simon Crafar, buy the best tyres you can. Even if you aren't good/fast enough to use all the grip they offer they'll provide you with a larger safety margin if you need it.

Anyway, here's my opinions on them -

Pirelli Supercorsa SCs - Plenty grip but wear & longevity is dependant on compound & track temp. I find they don't last me very long at all except on my little RC390 (by far the best tyre for this bike, incredible side grip at full lean and as the bike weighs feck all seem to be lasting well)

Pirelli Superbike Pro Slicks - Tried these because they were cheap, they were on the bike for 2 sessions before I took them off again after a lot of rear end movement on corner entry and a big rear end slide coming onto the straight at Jerez. No warning that I was approaching the limits of the tyre, no squirming etc, it just let go. Wasn't even going that fast (top inters-ish). Supposed to last ages though, a friend of mine used them on his 1199 Panigale and had no issues at all other than the TCS light constantly flashing when he taps the gas on :)

Dunlop GP Racer 211 Slicks - Good grip, lasted pretty well but I didn't get full use from them. I wore them out due to poor suspension changes on my part, chasing a problem which didn't really exist.

Dunlop KR106/108s - My favourite, but cost a fortune. I've used most compounds and they've all been great. Masses of front end grip, steer quickly and give loads of confidence. Rears wear well but I found they were a bit sensitive to pressure on my RC8. It used to chew them up pretty bad if I had +/-2psi away from ideal pressures. Harder compounds last forever and I couldn't really tell any difference in grip levels. Preferred paring for me is MS2 fr and MS3 rr, seems to work well most places. I'm taking some to Aragon in a couple of weeks so we'll see how the BMW gets on with them.
A friend of mine needed new tyres for a race at Brands Hatch a couple of weeks ago, put a set of these on and instantly went over a second a lap faster.

I'm going out there with the standard Metzeler Racetec RR K3s on for the 1st day and will pop the slicks on for day 2 & 3.

Last edited:
Like you im a big fan of the dunlops. Last 3 yrs ive been using the 212 gps . Great grip, and last for ages. Ive got 2 sets of krs which im taking out to aragon next mnth to try for the first time. Never been a fan of the scs as they just dont last especially on them abrasive spainsh circuits. Been hearing a lot of good things about the v0s and the contis but cant comment personally.

Half our group have opted for V02s for this trip, the other half on Dunlop KRs. I'm interested to find out about the V02s myself, at Brands a new club lap record was set so they obviously have the grip. If they last anywhere near as long as the Dunlops then I'll probably make the switch and spending the savings on more track time.

You going to Aragon with Redline or NL?

Nl mate. Think we fly out april 30th. Im leaving the 212s on for silverstone on weds as i dont think im quick enough to get enough heat in the krs with uk weather as it is this time of year.

Last edited:
Have a great trip. Do a write up when you get back please

Will do, will let you know how we fare on the Metzelers, Dunlops & Bridgestones.

Have you ever been before? It'll be my first visit, first time on track with the S1000RR and first time on a litre bike since I crashed the RC8-R last June. Been watching Spike's DVD loads since coming back from Cartagena to try and get a feel for the track, hopefully means I'll spend less time figuring out which way the track goes.

I was there in october and loved it (minus the trip to hospital on day 1). Its one of those tracks that even after 3 days i felt i left so much improvement out on track. Very flowing apart from a nasty turn 8 (i think) and the corkscrew is slow but the rest is very quick. Back straight is a monster which leads into a last corner you can pick at least 3 lines to go through. My off came on the long very fast left after corkscrew, if you are on raceshift then all good vut if you are in road shift then you need to shortshift as its one of the only corners that the foot can get jammed between peg and ground. I dont know anyone who doesnt like arsgon

Latest posts

Back