Educate me please

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ste M

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, ive only been biking for about 8 years now, came late to it, had a daytona for a few years and then got the gen 4 start of 2020 brand new. Ive got the track bug so been doing a fair few of them now and thoroughly love it.

My next little mod is a remap on my bike. Ive read how they can make the bike run better and I know about maps from my days running some half decent fast cars. However, bikes, theyre different. Im looking at taking it to crowe performance as they have an excellent rep. Its a bit of a drive but i dont mind as I have a van that my bike fits in.

My question is, the maps, Ive heard of two that he offers.Woolich remap and Crowe remap which does more and gives audible traction control

so, my question is, whats the difference between the two and what do you reckon is best for me? I do still use the bike for commuting. Money isnt really the issue with them, its more whats benificial for me

Thanks

Ste

Hello, ive only been biking for about 8 years now, came late to it, had a daytona for a few years and then got the gen 4 start of 2020 brand new. Ive got the track bug so been doing a fair few of them now and thoroughly love it.

My next little mod is a remap on my bike. Ive read how they can make the bike run better and I know about maps from my days running some half decent fast cars. However, bikes, theyre different. Im looking at taking it to crowe performance as they have an excellent rep. Its a bit of a drive but i dont mind as I have a van that my bike fits in.

My question is, the maps, Ive heard of two that he offers.Woolich remap and Crowe remap which does more and gives audible traction control

so, my question is, whats the difference between the two and what do you reckon is best for me? I do still use the bike for commuting. Money isnt really the issue with them, its more whats benificial for me

Thanks

Ste

My honest 2p worth, suspension and brakes are best upgrade before looking for power.

I have a Gen3 with the Race Cal kit which I?m getting Crowe to remap over the winter but I?ve already done the suspension and brakes so sensible next step.

Thanks. Brakes are being done over winter as well. Funds allowing then I may also get the suspension.

Reason I'm looking at this is I can get a discount that makes it a lot more desirable at the moment. Bike won't be used much over the winter so I'll be getting things done

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice on here. honestly this is one of the slowest forums ive been on, it comes across that if youre not some sort of bsb rider then no one helps. Oh and if you take offence by these comments then maybe youre part of the problem. Need to help people out who are a bit new to these type of mods, thats how people learn, they then pass this on to other new people

no doubt floods of helpful replies will ensue now..... ;)

maybe a little bump or "anyone?" reply would be a little more beneficial rather than an out+out blast about the forum members.

peronaly, i'd gothe phil route, but for the simple fact he is the " the man" when it comes to beemers and is on the phone. you're welcome :)

I try to not comment on services I have not directly used.

From what you've written. Phil Crowe Woolich vs Works. The Woolich tune is all you need if you just want the engine to be tuned. The other solution changes far more dynamic options nothing to do with the engine itself.

Apologies for not replying I have been unwell with suspected e.coli since monday...cest la vie

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice on here. honestly this is one of the slowest forums ive been on, it comes across that if youre not some sort of bsb rider then no one helps. Oh and if you take offence by these comments then maybe youre part of the problem. Need to help people out who are a bit new to these type of mods, thats how people learn, they then pass this on to other new people
Chill out mate, not everyone logs on every day, As Scooby says a wee gentle reminder and some patience should see you get what your looking for and it may be what your looking for is unfamiliar to most of us..[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Feedback from me, the map i went for was the top one, it allowed him to fine tune the bike a lot more rather than just throw a standard map on it. Also got audible traction control now which from what I understand simply makes a noise when it kicks in. Bike made 192 on its first run, still has the cats on it, and then after the tune it was 201hp. Phil said the engine was super strong and seemed to be very very happy with the figures, says a full system would be brillaint on it so thats next years piggy bank aim.

Ive only had chance to rise the bike once since, feels so much better though, fueling was way out he said and its notable now as it feels super smooth and the power right through the range is perfect.

As for my little rant, maybe over the top a bit but it is a slow forum at times, I know its the quiet time of the year on any bike forum but there's a wealth of knowledge on here and I know if i can help i always will. I'm new to biking really so dont understand a lot that most take for granted on here

Good to hear you got the mapping sorted, you?ll notice a huge difference with a full system over a standard one. Out of interest what did Crowey charge you for the mapping as still haven?t had my 22 plate done after fitting akro.

We got a deal off him as two of us went, i just happened to see someone on fb asking if they were running a deal, i jumped on and sais how about a small group buy so two of us, he gave us 20% off. so it was ?600 instead of ?750. Said its a bit of a quiet period for him as after Christmas the race season starts for him again.

Latest posts

Back