South and East of London Meets

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toiletduck

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've had my RR for about 6 months now and since the time for riding has started I wondered whether anyone's up for going on a few little rides around Surrey/Sussex/Kent?

There's tonnes of nice roads around but finding people to ride with is another matter. I'm not a nutter but I'm not down with the posing scene either, if anyone wants to go out for a jaunt let's do it!

Always free for a ride ;-)

Weekends if it's more than a couple of hours though. I'm Tonbridge, Kent.

I'm in SW Surrey, happy to ride over towards Tonbridge and available at weekends for a ride or after 5:30 pm weekdays from May when the nights draw out a bit further.

Great stuff, likewise I pop over in the Surrey direction probably every other time I take the bike out at the moment.

This weekend looks like a write off (partly because I've got some bubbly chilling for tonight and partly weather forecasts) but the next weekend perhaps?

I was holding back from replying cos I can't do this weekend, but following weekend ought to be good, and I'm not that far from MrSmooth

The weekend of 17th/18th April works for me as well, I agree with the weather sentiments, what time and where? Please don't say Rykas Cafe as I am not really a fan of the place, @toiletduck, its your shout as to where to meet unless you want me to suggest somewhere to meet?

Steve - aka Mr Smooth

Great, well let's go for somewhat common ground, I'm more than happy to skip Rykas too. Feel free to suggest somewhere, Dorking perhaps as it's roughly halfway and not too much of a trip for either one of us if one of us decides the others aren't cool enough to ride with?

Hi guys, I'm West Sussex, near Petworth so if free would love to join. Usually only available at weekends so I'll keep an eye on this page, Rich

Sent from my XQ-AD51 using Tapatalk

Great well let's aim for next Saturday 17th?

I'd suggest morning. Nothing crazy like 6am, something like 11am work for people?

I'm in, Can we meet in the middle for all of us? Im junction 16 on m25

Hi all, unavailable Saturday as now going to pub on Friday night - it will get messy and therefore no bike the next day. I can do Sunday early but need to be back by 1200 as having my first vaccine - I don't want to mess any of you around so plan without me and if I can make it I will (but unlikely). Definitely will make following meets, Rich

11am is fine for me, temp might be in double figures by then :)

Not sure what counts as middle for everyone, Dorking is easy to get to from J9 Felix?

Do you know Dorking TD? I can't think of an obvious place to meet, the high street gets quite narrow, limited parking. There's a BP petrol station at the 'Rykas' end of the high street, beside the cinema/KFC - maybe we can meet there? At the other end there is a one-way system that takes you left and we might get parked on the hill up to Sainsbury..

Unsure on area completely by J9 is doable for me. Would have to make it around mid day if possible. Have a fuse board change in morning.

11am is fine for me, temp might be in double figures by then :)

Not sure what counts as middle for everyone, Dorking is easy to get to from J9 Felix?

Do you know Dorking TD? I can't think of an obvious place to meet, the high street gets quite narrow, limited parking. There's a BP petrol station at the 'Rykas' end of the high street, beside the cinema/KFC - maybe we can meet there? At the other end there is a one-way system that takes you left and we might get parked on the hill up to Sainsbury..

At the "Ryka's end" of the A24 there's the train station with ample room to wait for everyone, it's pretty quiet there at the moment.

I don't know it at all tbh. My roads are a bit further south and east (which might make it quite a long ride for some, but equally depends what sort of day you want). I'm happy with anything from a few blasts with some S1kRR chat up to a couple of tanks of fuel and a coffee on the seafront somewhere... What do you guys prefer, authoritarian dictatorship or have a vote? :chuncky:

Yup, Dorking station (not Dorking Deepdene which is close by) has plenty of space and a coffee shop.

I have to be back home at 5, but apart from that I've no plans, don't mind where we go. I can peel off if you lot do something more adventurous.

Hi sports fans, well that week has gone quickly...

Dorking station carpark at midday sound good?

Feel free to come down, at least a couple of us will be there.

Dorking Train Station @ Noon

Latest posts

Back