Snapped engine bolt

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a shitter
Gutted for you
You gotta check these bikes every couple of months , shit comes loose with the high vibration , will be checking mine today
Good luck with your bolt

Gave up on it after 2 hours last night im gonna get back on it today, I definitely won't be taking it to the dealers to get my pants pulled down lol il get the fooker out I just hope I havnt got to take out the engine to do it:'(

Bummer.

There is a mobile company that come round and remove bolts.

cant remember the name off the top of head, but I had to get him to come and get the rad bracket bolt out when I was installing my exhaust :/

Well it looks like I got to drop out the engine out the bolt ain't budging this is turning into a fookin nightmare I just hope I havnt got to remove the head to get it out:'(

After dropping the engine enough to work on the bolt iv finally got it out in bits after drilling all around the snapped bit of extractor , it only took 8 hours lol coffee break now then get it all back together tonight :)

Cally, I know it sounds like stupid question but what type / material of bolt did you use as replacement for the one which snapped? Was the broken one R&G's and did you replace it with the original BMW one?

Just asking as I want to remove the R&G bung but a bit worried about putting the original BMW bolt back in after hearing about them shearing off when tightening.

Last edited:
Hi micky it was the r&g bolt that snapped so I've put the original bolt back in and torqued it to 57nm , jobs a good um :) PS I havnt refitted the r&g crash protectors

Thanks mate, I'll use the original and keep my fingers crossed. At least I'll know who to come to to fix it if it does break off lol.

Back