Shift assist use?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazzy

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I've owned my 2011 S1000rr for only a few weeks and I'm addicted to using the quick shifter. I only use it whilst accelerating, but at any revs, is that ok or am I likely to damage the gearbox. Please tell me it's ok, I'm not sure if life's worth living without it.

Yes, use the QS at any revs, but generally it works smoother with higher rpm. Someone posted something about not using it between 1st and 2nd gear to save the gearbox but I've used mine all the through the gears and revs since day 1, now have 13k miles on it and no issues.

I'm not sure if life's worth living without it.

Don't have a shot on a 15/16 then,you'd never be able to go back to just quick shifting up the gears.
I use mine all the time,never had any clunky gear changes,definitely smoother when you're 'on it' lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wait till you get a later RR with the blipper. i swear i change gear twice as much as i used to.lol

I know what you mean, I also go into 6th whenever I can just so I can down through the gears to go up using the quick shift again. Down shifting as well, that would be too much sensory overload.

I had the 2010 and having come from a blade and a gixxer, was very disappointed in the 'box, very agricultural. As long as you make firm gear changes and don't try to just 'snick' it in which will give you false neutrals up or down, it should last, mine didn't, worst part of the RR imo. That's why it's called 'shift assist' not quick shifter. Having said that, liked the rest of it and kept it for 5yrs !! Wouldn't say my '15 is perfect but it's a hell of a lot better lol.
Enjoy !!

Latest posts

Back