Sepang 2020

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Managed to do 2:24 today. Far away from Max Biaggi 2:06 that he managed to do on Aprilia tody.

Just noticed this thread.

Your laptime is the same as mine, and i have only been riding here :(

From that laptime guess you are in group A? see you tomorrow! Maybe we can ride together.

Biaggi's Aprilia RSV4-X

Looks very sexy in flesh

IMG_20200105_082812.jpg

IMG_20200105_082728.jpg

IMG_20200105_082833.jpg

Just noticed this thread.

Your laptime is the same as mine, and i have only been riding here :(

From that laptime guess you are in group A? see you tomorrow! Maybe we can ride together.
Yep, running in fast group. Which garage are you in?

26. I think I see you in pit 17? White s1000rr with black tail?

You are wearing red inners, d-air suit and arai helmet?

I take my words about Sepang not being fluid track. It all due to my slow learning skills.

Overall it's a great track, the weather can be unbearable hot and humid, I don't think I managed to do 20mins sessions in 3 days.

Managed to do stable 2:22s on last day with 2:22.03 fastest. Pretty sure could have gone below 2:20 if spent more time on track.

https://youtu.be/3hmj2Dr24Ts

Love the way you bang in great times without troubling the apexes [emoji23][emoji23]

T3 needed an earlier short shift up the box.

Lap looked smooth and quick [emoji106]

- Alex

Love the way you bang in great times without troubling the apexes [emoji23][emoji23]

T3 needed an earlier short shift up the box.

Lap looked smooth and quick [emoji106]

- Alex

Totally agree regarding apexes, I just need more practice...

I stay in 3rd in T3 until apex, and it's about 10k rpm if I recall. You're probably right, and it can drive there in 4th as well as its leaned.

:cower: This is your first time here, and 2.22?
The local superbike series here qualify around 2.08 (seasoned pros, asia racers) to 2.18 (hobbist), so that's your benchmark.

Bike is going to be so disappointed with me considering this is the only place i ride, could only do a few 2.22 best for today, the rest are low 23s
Could not last the full 20mins either, usually I'm back by lap 4 or 5.

You have datalogging?

:cower: This is your first time here, and 2.22?
The local superbike series here qualify around 2.08 (seasoned pros, asia racers) to 2.18 (hobbist), so that's your benchmark.

Bike is going to be so disappointed with me considering this is the only place i ride, could only do a few 2.22 best for today, the rest are low 23s
Could not last the full 20mins either, usually I'm back by lap 4 or 5.

You have datalogging?

First time here, yep. But it was 3 days event so plenty of time to practice and get faster lap times.

I have AIM datalogger, yes.

Good to see you started to enjoy it after a bit of settling in. I often find the tracks that are difficult to find a rhythm on to begin become fun after a day or two once the brake markers are worked out and you can carry some more speed through the slower hairpins. I had too many other things going on to consider this trip but I must admit part of the reason I decided not to go was due to it not looking like a classic bike track such as Mugello or Phillip Island.

May i ask if these belong to anyone in the forum? or if anyone knows them?

What gearing/sprocket ratio are these bikes using for sepang?

YC

I believe they are Belgians, so unlikely on this forum.

16/45 or 16/44 worked well on Gen3, should be the same with Gen4 as gearing identical.

Latest posts

Back