S1KRR Bike Blanket or Protection?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 445

Reaction score
Hey all,

Any of you have a blanket that's specifically made for protecting yr bike when in transit? I want to make sure my bike gets as much protection as i can when FE truck it down to Spain.

Cheers!

I haven't sent my bike away for a TD but my understanding is that you drop the bike off with FE (or whoever) and they crate it. So if you got something to cover your bike up it would have to be compatible with the crating, and you'd have to get them to put it on and take it off either end. I can't see that happening but maybe it does. If you are really bothered why not get some track fairings and fit them before you go?

Last edited:
No Limits use crates, and FE wrap the bikes and store other kit separately.

As im going with FE im looking to wrap the bike in blankets then cling film to hold in place. Get a good strong bag for the leathers, bbots and gloves then take helmet as hand luggage.

I've seen many bike with made to measure protective wrap/blanket - nothing on ebay...

I'm my experience in transportation to Spain I'd did for a while get some bubble wrap pot as much as you can on the bike tail piece etc screen fairing pannells crates are better but you have to put them in your self bike blankets seen to end up either on some one eles bike or on the floor iv done a lot of trips abroad bring your helmet etc cos in general bikes do end up with marks etc when free loading

Large bubble-wrap it is then!
I'd like to keep the bike in the condition i give it to them.

April 14 for 3 days. Almeria.

I don't know what day the bike gets loaded. I've now asked twice for any info but no answer :(

But I've been reading about what others have experience d.

FE now take photos when you drop the bike off-so,presumably,they've also had people trying to pull a fast one!

Bubble wrap/duct tape is easiest.Track or old fairings is best though.With track fairings,I only cover the tank and seat(with extra padding as that's where they strap it down).My theory,if they can see nice shiny paintwork they'll avoid it,whereas if it's all covered up they won't bother so much(human nature).

Never had a problem. I take a duvet and tape that around the bike. IMO, always thought a duvet/blanket would provide better protection than bubble-wrap. Doesn't rip when you take it off either.

Ogio kit bag travels with me on the plane with helmet, leathers etc.

Top idea GD!! I can lay my hands on a couple of those. Will look into kit bag ;)

Latest posts

Back