s1000rr reliability issues?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The customer service I got was superb, in fact the best I've ever had.

2016 3k miles - cruise control stopped working levers are original. Benhams BMW Say micro switch is fine, but should pay ?90 for diagnostics to see if it should be replaced or if there is an underlying problem.

2016 3k miles - cruise control stopped working levers are original. Benhams BMW Say micro switch is fine, but should pay ?90 for diagnostics to see if it should be replaced or if there is an underlying problem.

I don't get that logic at all! Surely it's not up to you to pay for investigation for warranty work?

Erm... don't think so......Last word would be OFF !!

Not ever heard of any dealer charging to investigate a problem covered under warranty. The switch is not working correctly, its up to BMW to fix it FOC regardless of how much diags they need to perform.

Taking the piss.

the switch is about ?45, i now keep a spare under the seat hump with the tools in the kit to swap it out.

1st bike , engine rattle and lack of power, inlet camshaft had no lobes left @ 3000 miles , offered new engine but rejected bike.
2nd bike, rhs fork seal @ 4000 miles 2nd rhs fork seal @ 9000 miles, chain and sprockets @ 9200 miles ( I know general wear n tear but never had a fooked chain like that chocolate original in so few miles !!)
9600 miles engine rattle similar to 1st bike, couldn't go thro all the hassle and having to ride another bloody awful GS whilst they sorted bike , so jumped ship and back to Japanese reliability.
Both bikes where serviced as they should have been, they where thrashed but from warm not cold and only did wheelies under power not deliberately, great bikes and I do miss the cruise, heated normal sized grips and the ( for me ) perfect suspension.
The dealer I used was spot on, great customer service. But after a demo bike incident with a rear wheel ,my confidence in the mechanics diminished rapidly. Another reason to jump ship ( I know I could go else where but this dealer was local).

Not ever heard of any dealer charging to investigate a problem covered under warranty. The switch is not working correctly, its up to BMW to fix it FOC regardless of how much diags they need to perform.

Taking the piss.

Going to try another dealership to be honest, I didn't force the issue after he said it was chargeable. think it's some residual bad blood from my prior 2010 s1000rr.

Has no one else had cruise control fail?

Latest posts

Back