S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sees R25sti run off to the garage for the 1000th time today to start her up and check.....lol

Mixed reports tonight....I'll have a check on youtube...def know that BVG hit the limiter but suspect that may have been on gen3...

lol, im quite sympathetic when it comes to engines so wont be trying anything for a week or two or at least until the engines been run for a while. simon defo said theres no limiters on my M sport and wasnt on there demos. Im not saying he couldnt be wrong though.:)

lol, when its dry. i will test this out after about 450 miles on the way to get the first service. :)

My bike defo had the limiter. Dealers have always explained to me that the revs are limited because the oil in the bike at mile 1 is different from the oil put in at the running in service and thereafter. Truly curious. Everyone hits the limiter during the running in period without any issues so go on, go on, go on, go on, ..., haha.

My bike defo had the limiter. Dealers have always explained to me that the revs are limited because the oil in the bike at mile 1 is different from the oil put in at the running in service and thereafter. Truly curious. Everyone hits the limiter during the running in period without any issues so go on, go on, go on, go on, ..., haha.

Yep, as said earlier, I?ve done this a few times accidentally. Currently still in running in phase and hit 305 miles today as showing on the dash, so half way there until RIS and limiter removed :)

i think the running in oil is a mineral oil and the oil after is a semi or synthetic oil. well thats how it was used to be done. :)

Mine was definitely limited to 9k, and I bounced off it plenty in the 354 running in miles before it went on the dyno.

I take it you've seen the build process vid on youtube.
Some German ape revving the nuts off it in the factory. Haha

Mines was definitely limited to 9k before the first service. Hit the limiter a couple of times before the first service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, as said earlier, I?ve done this a few times accidentally. Currently still in running in phase and hit 305 miles today as showing on the dash, so half way there until RIS and limiter removed :)
My wee book day 1st service from 500km to max of 1000km, 350 miles for 1st service am thinking.

Daz

I took a test ride on one with barely any miles on it and it was definitely limited. Can't say to what, but people saying 9k would be ballpark where I'd have said it happened. No question it wasn't going to it's proper redline.

Strange ... my local dealer the sales manager was told to run it in for 600 miles......

which he did... lol

Manual clearly says there are 2 run-in RPM limits

Untitled-2.jpg

Rider?s Manual

Indeed. However, a lot of people (Owners and Dealers alike) simply don?t bother reading the Rider?s Manual. Oddly enough there?s actually quite a lot of useful information contained within it!

Untitled-2.jpg

lol, theres actually 3 limits mentioned in the book as you can see, no full load is also a limit. this suggests that full load is possible but dont. see what i mean. :) why put no full load if its not possible anyway?

I'm surprised it was delivered with RS's as they have been superseded by Power 5's.

Further to your post Alex, I received this email this morning. I have asked for a rough idea of launch date for the RS successor.

Dear Neil,Thank you for contacting MICHELIN Consumer Care.

The main differences between the MICHELIN Power RS+ and the MICHELIN Power 5 are the conditions they are designed for.

The MICHELIN Power 5 is a 100% road tyre designed for sporty use in both wet and dry conditions, meanwhile the MICHELIN Power RS+ is a 10% Track and 90% road tyre for the occasional track day.

If you are looking for a tyre to be used on and off the track, we would suggest the New MICHELIN Power GP, which at some point will replace the MICHELIN Power RS+.

The New MICHELIN Power 5 comes with a void ratio of 11%, and comes with a the new mix of Black Carbon and Silica to receive excellent performance in wet and dry.

Further to your post Alex, I received this email this morning. I have asked for a rough idea of launch date for the RS successor.

Dear Neil,Thank you for contacting MICHELIN Consumer Care.

The main differences between the MICHELIN Power RS+ and the MICHELIN Power 5 are the conditions they are designed for.

The MICHELIN Power 5 is a 100% road tyre designed for sporty use in both wet and dry conditions, meanwhile the MICHELIN Power RS+ is a 10% Track and 90% road tyre for the occasional track day.

If you are looking for a tyre to be used on and off the track, we would suggest the New MICHELIN Power GP, which at some point will replace the MICHELIN Power RS+.

The New MICHELIN Power 5 comes with a void ratio of 11%, and comes with a the new mix of Black Carbon and Silica to receive excellent performance in wet and dry.

Nice one! How blinking confusing do they want to make this?!

Latest posts

Back